He will make the final 53
At tackle we got smith, Collins, knight, Steele, and the FA we signed
Should be able to keep him or another option say from UDFA
I’m excited about the UDFA class this year
Some teams who really scouted good will get some plsyers

plymkr

Reaction score
This guy is a real POS. Terrible pick.

Wow, yeah I'm not a fan. 11 incidents of DV. Not liking this. Not a fan of abuse of any kind. If it happens once it's a concern, if it happens 11 times than it's a pattern and a way of life. I'm not a fan of drafting guys like this that could end up on jail or suspended. Waste of a pick

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude go cry somewhere else. Tackle was a much higher need than safety and it’s not even close.
Dudette, grow a spine and learn to accept some justified criticism. Need a tissue? A bottle? Are your wittle little feelings hurt reading my honest opinions? Block me, fool.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Maybe. I don't want to say for sure because a lot of times, domestic violence doesn't get reported. It did back then, but that doesn't mean he hasn't done anything since.

Considering it was in 2017, I'm hopeful that he got his head on straight.

It's the kind of thing that separates the optimists from pessimists... no intel to say anything for sure either way, so it's a matter of what a person is inclined to presume.

I'm biased being a Marshall alum, but I'm more biased because I'm an optimist, and moreover happen to be one who has spent some time studying DV research as a consequence of his education/profession... that this only happened (11 incidents, but we really don't know if that's 11 incidents on different days or all in the space of a day or two, not to mention, that an incident may be that he hit her, or hit could be that he took her phone away or any combination of those) with one GF as far as we know... and that there were criminal penalties that would have occurred if there was any offending the agreement... and that it was 4 years ago... gives me some inclination to believe this was its own situation.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Question:

How does a woman accuse a guy of “multiple dating violence”?

He was violent with her on a date and then continued to date him while he continued to be violent?

Something doesn’t seem right here.
Apparantly they had a long-term relationship in 2016 and 2017which, according to her allegations, involved multiple incidents of violence.

Who knows what the truth of the matter was. Haven't seen anything criminal filed.

A concern nevertheless.

Carter

Reaction score
Wow, yeah I'm not a fan. 11 incidents of DV. Not liking this. Not a fan of abuse of any kind. If it happens once it's a concern, if it happens 11 times than it's a pattern and a way of life. I'm not a fan of drafting guys like this that could end up on jail or suspended. Waste of a pick

IT was back in 2017 and nothing ever reported after. Stop reading Headlines only

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's the kind of thing that separates the optimists from pessimists... no intel to say anything for sure either way, so it's a matter of what a person is inclined to presume.

I'm biased being a Marshall alum, but I'm more biased because I'm an optimist, and moreover happen to be one who has spent some time studying DV research as a consequence of his education/profession... that this only happened (11 incidents, but we really don't know if that's 11 incidents on different days or all in the space of a day or two) with one GF as far as we know... and that there were criminal penalties that would have occurred if there was any offending the agreement... and that it was 4 years ago... gives me some inclination to believe this was its own situation.

Yeah, I'm not going to believe the worse, with any of our draft picks. Character can change a lot. I remember a guy in college who looked like a thug until the second half of his second year when he cut his hair and cleaned up. When asked why, he said it was because he had to get a job.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He’s a scrub. Let’s be real. We needed help at RT.
Isn't he projected to be a possible starter at RT in the NFL as his best case?

Brugler summary
SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Marshall, Ball was the right tackle in offensive coordinator Tim Cramsey’s scheme. He spent two seasons at Florida State before an accusation of domestic violence led to his dismissal, leading him to the JUCO level and then two seasons at Marshall where he was part of the offensive tackle rotation, earning All-Conference honors as a senior. Ball displays efficient movement patterns in pass protection due to his nimble athleticism and body control to shut down the corner. However, he doesn’t always play under control and must be more punctual with his punch and weight transfer. Overall, Ball has impressive size and athletic traits and has NFL-level starting talent. NFL teams must do extensive homework on him and his background before they consider drafting him.
GRADE: 5th Round

plasticman

Reaction score
Right, because women always leave the first time a guy is violent. They never make excuses or rationalize it.

Seriously?
They weren't described as being in any relationship. They were dating. Perhaps, this implies something different today but I always thought that meant each occasion she was asked and accepted. Isn't that the context?

plasticman

Reaction score
Apparantly they had a long-term relationship in 2016 and 2017which, according to her allegations, involved multiple incidents of violence.

Who knows what the truth of the matter was. Haven't seen anything criminal filed.

A concern nevertheless.
Okay, so perhaps "dating" wasn't the correct description, it seems they were in and out of a relationship.

Sydla

Reaction score
They weren't described as being in any relationship. They were dating. Perhaps, this implies something different today but I always thought that meant each occasion she was asked and accepted. Isn't that the context?

They were in a relationship. It wasn't like it was a couple of random dates. One of the allegations involved him being at her parent's home visiting here when he had an incident.

plymkr

Reaction score
IT was back in 2017 and nothing ever reported after. Stop reading Headlines only
11 incidents is 11 incidents. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you read that. Stop making excuses for horrible behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.