Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select Josh Ball Marshall OT at 138

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwyn

Reaction score
11 incidents is 11 incidents. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you read that. Stop making excuses for horrible behavior.
Don’t make him out to be Ray Rice. It happened in 2016-2017 when they were 18 years old.

Do you remember what it was like to be 18? I never slapped a phone out of a girls hand or locked one in a closet but I did plenty of other stupid stuff. I’m sure you did too.

People grow and mature. Perhaps he has as well.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why did Jamar Johnson drop to the 5th? Was there a character or medical issue?

Only thing I kept hearing is that he absolutely does not like to tackle.

817Gill

Reaction score
Or that he does not feel accountable to those radio people.
It was a tone thing and you’re a draft pick of a team and have DV issues. The media members of said team are going to ask you about it, obviously. How you don’t have answers prepared or patience to answer it the first time it’s asked is puzzling. Gotta handle it better.

plymkr

Reaction score
Im not making excuses for his behaviour back than. I just dont accept people making a criminal of a guy that made mistakes when he was 18 four years ago and want to tell me the guy will be suspended because of DV all the time.
Sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I guess I was completely out of line giving my opinion on a discussion forum about a guy that had 11 complaints of domestic violence and a four year order of protection on him. I think it's great that he shoved his girlfriend into a closet. Dude he is a great guy and a pillar of society. If cloning becomes legal then we should clone him and have him date every 18 year old girl starting with the daughters of every one who enables him.

But you're right, he's a great guy, he hasn't been accused of beating up any women in 4 whole years. Great addition to the team and I'm excited about this pick. Lol, maybe he'll push Jerry down if Jerry asks him why he didn't return his call or maybe he'll shove Jerry into a closet if Jerry doesn't spend enough time with him while he's in concussion recovery.

Sydla

Reaction score
We wouldn't have half the league if we didn't want players like that. Was he arrested, charged, incarcerated? Or was he accused? If they let them play, play!
Irvin agrees with me.

Nope. Can't back a guy who slapped his GF. I can't write it off as youthful indiscretion or overexuberance.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ball is the first offensive player the Cowboys have selected in the NFL draft.

There IS a light at the end of that silver tunnel. And I mean silver as in the Jones' hair.
:muttley:

Sydla

Reaction score
Or that he does not feel accountable to those radio people.

Maybe but he has to know it's going to be asked and asked again. He should be prepared to answer it and if he's truly remorseful and working on getting better, getting a bit peeved on air because they asked you about it isn't a good look.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He failed his first media test when he was on a call with 105.3. They asked him about his past and he was clearly agitated and quickly said it’s in the past and everyone is over it. Sounded pretty insensitive and arrogant.

I didn't get that. I got that he didn't want to talk about it. Four years is a long time in the life of people in their 20s, so it's no surprise he didn't want to address it. The broadcasters did take offense to his reluctance to say more.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don’t make him out to be Ray Rice. It happened in 2016-2017 when they were 18 years old.

Do you remember what it was like to be 18? I never slapped a phone out of a girls hand or locked one in a closet but I did plenty of other stupid stuff. I’m sure you did too.

People grow and mature. Perhaps he has as well.

Sorry, but assaulting a girl (on multiple occassions) isn't exactly the same thing as college kids doing stupid stuff like getting drunk and pissing in the school fountain.

It's sad that we are trying to rationalize what he did as nothing but stupid college stuff.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Maybe but he has to know it's going to be asked and asked again. He should be prepared to answer it and if he's truly remorseful and working on getting better, getting a bit peeved on air because they asked you about it isn't a good look.

Perception is not reality.

Sydla

Reaction score
I didn't get that. I got that he didn't want to talk about it. Four years is a long time, so it's no surprise he didn't want to address it.

He just got drafted into the NFL. He was thought of as being a legit talent who slid due to the fact he has questions about his anger, etc.

It should be expected he would be asked about it. His agents had to know it would be asked about in interviews. Getting a bit pissy on air over legitimate questions doesn't really help support the notion that he's matured and gotten beyond his temper issues.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Nope. Can't back a guy who slapped his GF. I can't write it off as youthful indiscretion or overexuberance.

That's your prerogative. I don't condone what he did, but I do believe people can turn their lives around.

Sydla

Reaction score
Perception is not reality.

Reality is reality. He had an anger issue and temper issue that got him into trouble. It caused him to fall in the draft. Going on radio and getting angry over legitimate questions isn't a great look for a guy trying to claim he's matured and gotten over self control issues.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I guess I was completely out of line giving my opinion on a discussion forum about a guy that had 11 complaints of domestic violence and a four year order of protection on him. I think it's great that he shoved his girlfriend into a closet. Dude he is a great guy and a pillar of society. If cloning becomes legal then we should clone him and have him date every 18 year old girl starting with the daughters of every one who enables him.

But you're right, he's a great guy, he hasn't been accused of beating up any women in 4 whole years. Great addition to the team and I'm excited about this pick. Lol, maybe he'll push Jerry down if Jerry asks him why he didn't return his call or maybe he'll shove Jerry into a closet if Jerry doesn't spend enough time with him while he's in concussion recovery.
I would wager you’ve done worse. Just my opinion here on a message board forum. Prove me wrong.

See?

If you feel that whatever this was should define the rest of both of their lives, then so be it.

I believe that people can learn and grow from their mistwkes and I’m pretty comfortable with that philosophy, especially when I don’t know any details beyond what I was was able to find In five minutes of googling

Sydla

Reaction score
That's your prerogative. I don't condone what he did, but I do believe people can turn their lives around.

I think they can as well. I also don't think he should be black balled from earning a living playing football. But it doesn't have to be my team that gives him that chance.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He just got drafted into the NFL. He was thought of as being a legit talent who slid due to the fact he has questions about his anger, etc.

It should be expected he would be asked about it. His agents had to know it would be asked about in interviews. Getting a bit pissy on air over legitimate questions doesn't really help support the notion that he's matured and gotten beyond his temper issues.

I don't think he got "pissy." I think you are reading that into his comment.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Im not making excuses for his behaviour back than. I just dont accept people making a criminal of a guy that made mistakes when he was 18 four years ago and want to tell me the guy will be suspended because of DV all the time.

Nice strawman.

You first tried to claim it was a one time incident.

Now that it’s been shown it was a pattern you’ve now moved to excusing a period of time for him.

By the way, does the “in his youth” excuse apply to all crimes? Do pedos get the green light too? Oh, I’m sure that’s something, right (lol)?

817Gill

Reaction score
I didn't get that. I got that he didn't want to talk about it. Four years is a long time in the life of people in their 20s, so it's no surprise he didn't want to address it. The broadcasters did take offense to his reluctance to say more.
No need to expand on the details, but any media training professional would encourage him to show that he understands the magnitude of what he was accused of and touch on his growth and sensitivity to DV.

His words were “everyone is past it”. That’s probably the most insensitive thing you could say about those accusations.

He will be asked again by other writers, he must have a better response. All the media members unanimously were disappointed in how he answers the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.