Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select Kentucky CB Kelvin Joseph 44th pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabazz

Reaction score

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some would say that Talented and rapper is an oxymoron

Even I have to admit some of these guys are talented. But overall and especially these days with the "Mumble rapping" its just a horror show. Music just seems to get worse and worse.

Video killed the radio star is pretty much as true a statement as there ever was.

shabazz

Reaction score
I personally think its BS that these college football players HAVE to play a couple years in college just to have a chance at going to the NFL. And don't get paid on top of it. And no, a scholarship doesnt count. Not everyone wants a degree. .

I couldn’t agree more with you. Most of these “student athletes” wouldn’t be accepted to these blue chip colleges on their own merit. And as you said not everyone goes to college needs to actually get a degree. Most of them wouldn’t be able to complete an associates degree program so why take up the slot of a person they REALLY deserves to be in college and actually WANTS to get a degree.

Draft them right out of the high school they’ve been carried in with “special classes” designed to pass them through the system.......I totally agree with you’re premise

shabazz

Reaction score
Even I have to admit some of these guys are talented. But overall and especially these days with the "Mumble rapping" its just a horror show. Music just seems to get worse and worse.

Video killed the radio star is pretty much as true a statement as there ever was.

The difference between Smokey Robinson and Waka Floka Flame is staggering. One sings the other sounds like someone’s taking a thick crap.....to each his own

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Joseph was a solid pick.

But the homerun would have been to trade up slightly for Moehrig.

Or stand pat and draft stud SS/LB in JOK. This kid evokes Darren Woodson comparisons.

Joseph is good but was definitely not best at his position.

Moehrig and JOK are arguably the very best at their respective positions.

As far as play on the field, he was the best corner besides Horn and Surtain. The only issue is character concerns but that's great at 44. Would much rather have him than Moerig. There's more of an argument for JOK imo, but getting Jabril Cox in the 4th makes up for that.

Reactions: BAT

Batman1980

Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more with you. Most of these “student athletes” wouldn’t be accepted to these blue chip colleges on their own merit. And as you said not everyone goes to college needs to actually get a degree. Most of them wouldn’t be able to complete an associates degree program so why take up the slot of a person they REALLY deserves to be in college and actually WANTS to get a degree.

Draft them right out of the high school they’ve been carried in with “special classes” designed to pass them through the system.......I totally agree with you’re premise

You mean fake degrees like the one Aaron Hernandez got? I think you're overestimating how many of these student-athletes actually go to class lol.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Did anyone see Voch Lomardi's reaction when the pick was announced? It was priceless!

Kelvin Joseph was #13 overall on Voch's board.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Again, talent alone, the pick is fine. I'd take him at CB over the kid from Cuse or Samuel.

But the fact they have a problem at S and Moehrig is just sliding and you do nothing is what bothers me. They have 5 picks in the 3rd and 4th round. Despite Stephen babbling stupidly about how they want to make all those picks because they can use the cheap contracts for cap managment, there is little chance all five of those picks are going to make the team.

So spend a 3rd or 4th and get Moehrig.

This team just doesn't believe in the importance of a safety. Our 3rd and 4th rounders that we picked would have gone in the later rounds and they were reaches.

Jerry failed again. A very disappointing draft indeed.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

College admissions is a joke. 50% of students shouldn't be there

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This team had to have a CB. And I have no problem taking Jospeh in front of Moehrig. And I really like Moehrig. And if the speculation about his back issues are real then I want know part of the player.
Raiders picked Moehrig right before the Cowboys.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The difference between Smokey Robinson and Waka Floka Flame is staggering. One sings the other sounds like someone’s taking a thick crap.....to each his own

You say that as if people actually listen to Waka Floka Flame unironically.

Status
Not open for further replies.