Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select Kentucky CB Kelvin Joseph 44th pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jipper

Reaction score
Guys....I don't know how many times we have to go over this.

The cowboys do not value the safety position.

There is no amount of hoping you can do that will change that...complain and being upset means nothing

Our first 2 picks have instantly upgraded our defense...focus on that....we got some big time talent there and there's more to come

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He's OK but sitting on your hands because you want to keep all your 3rd and 4th round picks and not get Moehrig was dumb. Just simply dumb.
I like Moehrig but his ceiling is low. The Boss man could be like Diggs and end up as the best cornerback in the draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's my own fault as to why I am so bothered by this.

It's clear they don't care about safety so why I get upset when they don't actually take one with a premium pick is on me. I should know better.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Get me a free safety and two DTs in the third round and I'm can live with the first two days. Could even be talked into an OT in the third if we get a big ol' NT with the first pick of the fourth: McNeill, Williams, Shelvin, Wilson, Togaia. Give me two of those.
Moehrig was there for the taking. Move up wouldn’t cost much.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
I’m sick of guys that we have to be caretakers for. Find quality character people for once that don’t have medical issues!!!!! Not very hard

kevm3

Reaction score
The issue is this guy is another 2nd round gamble. He could be this utterly awesome guy or he could be sitting on bench for the season because he can't stop blazing up. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you can't see the field.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Guys....I don't know how many times we have to go over this.

The cowboys do not value the safety position.

There is no amount of hoping you can do that will change that...complain and being upset means nothing

Our first 2 picks have instantly upgraded our defense...focus on that....we got some big time talent there and there's more to come
That’s BS. How many defensive coaches have been through the organization the last few years? All of them just hate the S position?

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
I actually think he may have been BPA. The kid's talent is undeniable. Daniel Jeremiah said that on talent alone, Joseph is a legit Top 20 player.

The issue with him is his head. We've had success with these guys and we've bombed out with these types. Woo boy.

who was successful?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Ian Rappaport reported that Moehrig dropped because of questions about his back.Not sure how serious it is. His exact words. Not that it matters to the folks here.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
Ian Rappaport reported that Moehrig dropped because of questions about his back.Not sure how serious it is. His exact words. Not that it matters to the folks here.

We like the ones with drop foot and maybe no future recovery type

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yes, Jerry is gambling on character issues again as if he has had any recent success with these type of players.

Joseph is a smooth athlete, similar to Trevon Diggs, but he's a mental midget like Mo Claiborne, and he's shown to be afraid of competition.

You can't win in the 4th quarter and you can't win in the playoffs without leadership, accountability, and mentally tough players. Jerry has never figured that out, despite being educated by Jimmy 25 years ago.

you are referring to our 90’s super bowl team...yeah they were choir boys. Lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not my first choice, but I have no issue with the pick. This is a classic case of people are mad because it’s not someone they have heard or it’s not someone on Mel kipers best available list.

Status
Not open for further replies.