Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select QB Ben DiNucci with the 231st Pick (7th Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They wanted a guy to develop, and this will be MM not JG doing the developing, so this guy sounds like a good prospect
to try and develop.
We might see him in PS, and then look at him the next PS and see if he improves.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The way McM spoke about him in the presser, he seemed to be particularly familiar with this kid (e.g., referred to him by first name), and now that I think about it, that might be a product of McM still having a lot of Pittsburgh ties... ya think?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Started out at my alma mater Pitt. Flacco also started out at Pitt and transferred to Delaware. Looks like a real good draft pick. Might give Rush and Thurston some competition.

Heard Charles Haley also went to James Madison. I drive past JMU on my way from Balt to Huntsville. Can see the stadium close up from the highway. Stayed in that college town a few times. Nice little town.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
My take on this kid is he has a great arm and his accuracy is there.. but the videos I'm finding, I can't really see how he handles being rushed. In the videos, he's always had good protection but we're not living in a perfect world.
I'm seeing something totally different. I do NOT see "good protection" at all. I see that the accuracy is there and the poise to stand in there with the pocket disintegrating around him, but there is no zip at all on his throws.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You never know he could end up being our starter

He actually looks like a good fit as a backup for Dak. Can scramble and run RPOs, QB draws, etc. Uses his feet downfield more than Romo did. Romo mainly had the knack for escaping pressure but wasn't a runner. DiNucci runs designed runs and also uses his feet to escape pressure ... more like Dak.

I don't think it's realistic to expect him to end up as the starter here. Stranger things have happened, but it's most likely unless he won't agree to a deal that Prescott is the starter here for years to come. It would be great if DiNucci develops into a starter-worthy player, but there's a much greater possibility of him not even becoming a backup-worthy player. Our realistic expectations for him should start there.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Laugh if you want but the only thing standing in DiNucci's way of commanding one of the most dangerous offensive units in pro football is Dak Prescott.

I like his odds over Rush and only watched a few videos of the dude.

Mr_437

Reaction score
He certainly has swag, Moxy, competitive fire. Ben has good accuracy, a strong enough arm and throws it from different arm angles. He can run and isn't scared of getting hit.

What this guy needs to answer is can he read the field and go through progressions because I have seen him do that and it looks as if that may be an issue.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Success is 50 million dollars is Chunky Beef Soup and many many other endorsements without accomplishing anything meaningful

He took over a potential SB bound team and turned in mediocre results.......bar achieved
:hammer: Yep since 2016 its all downhill....

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I guess this ends all the pre-draft chatter about the Cowboys drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds or even trading up to get one as insurance against Prescott sitting out, which he won't. Some of you were so sure that would happen.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Agree, that 51 to 48 loss to the Broncos really exposed Romo

The defense plays lights out only to have Romo lose the game for us in the end. He was a loser

If you think giving up 51 points is a lights out defense, I hate to see what you think a bad defense is.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I guess this ends all the pre-draft chatter about the Cowboys drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds or even trading up to get one as insurance against Prescott sitting out, which he won't. Some of you were so sure that would happen.

Only team stupid enough to draft a backup QB in the 2nd round is Philly.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.