Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys select UCLA DT Osa Odighizuwa at No. 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carter

Reaction score
The Florida DT is still there.

Nixon also still there. There is a lot of really good 1 Techs still there but the way we run the Draft we likely take a Project TE, Project Guard and Project RB with the next three picks that were ranked UDFA

superonyx

Reaction score
Terrible pick. These idiots not moving up for Milton will haunt us. ** Stephen.
They are idiots now because they didn't have every other teams war rooms bugged with listening devices to determine who every single team is thinking about drafting....

If a player is there and we pass then criticize if you disagree.
But to criticize a team for not trading up 3 rounds in to this thing is just a new level of goofy.

Carter

Reaction score
I had to see the tape of the guy cause i never heard of him but he look pretty good and his stats were pretty good in College.

According to The Breakshot

90 Total Tackles, 21.5 Tackles for Loss, 7.5 Sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Fumble Recovery. 1st Team Pac 12 (2020). Odighizuwa is a big sleeper for the 2021 NFL Draft and is a projected mid to high rounder.

The only question i have is why did we need him. We already have Trysten Hill and Gallimore who are the same player

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fans sit here with 20/20 hindsight pretending the organization has to know exactly who every other team is drafting and then sneaking right in front of them to pick the guy they other team wanted.
This can be possible in the first 10-15 picks in the first round but a few rounds in the teams making the picks don't even know for sure who they are drafting until the teams in front of them go.

Fans need to spit venom when they didn't get their guy so they make statements like you made.
So a 6'2" smaller DT reached for in the 3rd is better than refusing to go after the 6'5" best DT in the draft who went in the early 2nd round who went 6 picks before our 44th overall pick? Is that what you're saying?

Worship every move this organization makes even though the defensive results in recent years ended at a franchise record worst?

Need some chapstick for all of that rump kissing you are doing, eh?

chicago JK

Reaction score
I had to see the tape of the guy cause i never heard of him but he look pretty good and his stats were pretty good in College.

According to The Breakshot

90 Total Tackles, 21.5 Tackles for Loss, 7.5 Sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Fumble Recovery. 1st Team Pac 12 (2020). Odighizuwa is a big sleeper for the 2021 NFL Draft and is a projected mid to high rounder.

The only question i have is why did we need him. We already have Trysten Hill and Gallimore who are the same player

Yeah I think we reached a little for him. Although he was probably in range as a 3rd/4th. He looks pretty good. I am interested to see how he does in the run game in the pros. With his wrestling background, he looks to be good with leverage. He is just smaller than you would like. I really wanted big physical lineman.

He is a guy I think I could get on board with. But I would have liked to see him with one of our later thirds, if he fell. I have bigger problems with the other third round picks...and maybe the second round pick.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I will admit i was underwhelmed by tonights 3rd round picks but mostly because these picks seemed to come out of left field. We need to remember these are rookies and far from finished products. The more im reading and hearing about the 2 dlinemen we took tonight, the more im feeling better about our picks. Some of yall are treating this as if this is a fantasty draft and we passed on pro bowl talent in there prime. I'm still scratching my head with the CB pick at 99 though. He seems like a traits guy you take in the 5th or 6th.

Osa isn’t too bad. 5th ranked DT. Grades at skill 73.

it gets bad after that.

golston is ranked 17th DE. Skill at 56.

wright is ranked the 34th best CB. Skill at 34.

superonyx

Reaction score
So a 6'2" smaller DT reached for in the 3rd is better than refusing to go after the 6'5" best DT in the draft who went in the early 2nd round who went 6 picks before our 44th overall pick? Is that what you're saying?

Worship every move this organization makes even though the defensive results in recent years ended at a franchise record worst?

Need some chapstick for all of that rump kissing you are doing, eh?
Do you need a tissue?
I like the way you say "refusing". Like some team called them 1 pick before another team drafted the DT and said "hey Jerry, your guy is going to be drafted next, do you want to trade with us so you can get him".

I guess we are fools our 1st round pick since we didn't draft a few CB's and a TE who were not available.

Such a man baby.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you need a tissue?
I like the way you say "refusing". Like some team called them 1 pick before another team drafted the DT and said "hey Jerry, your guy is going to be drafted next, do you want to trade with us so you can get him".

I guess we are fools our 1st round pick since we didn't draft a few CB's and a TE who were not available.

Such a man baby.
Do you have proof Jerry wasn't offered a 2nd trade offer?

Keep kissing every decision this team makes. You'll soon earn Fan #1 award. Congrats.

Rayman70

Reaction score
lets not crap on this guy. He didnt get much national attention because UCLA sucks at football. He was the lone brightspot on that defense. He is built alot like Aaron Donald and knows how to play with leverage. He's a beast inside, and his motor is off the chain elite. I like the pick and the fit. I think fans on this board need to step away from the cliff and do some film room watching on him. He's nearly unblockable.

superonyx

Reaction score
Do you have proof Jerry wasn't offered a 2nd trade offer?

Keep kissing every decision this team makes. You'll soon earn Fan #1 award. Congrats.
Do I have proof that the team drafting ahead of the team who drafted your pet cat didn't somehow gain intel on the team drafting right after them and then know Jerry wanted the guy so they called Jerry to offer a trade? While they were at it they may have offered Jerry the Powerball winning numbers also.
Are you serious?

Stop crying Shirly.
It's not the our fault you spent so much time watching youtube highlight videos with bad rap music "scouting" you pet cats.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lets not crap on this guy. He didnt get much national attention because UCLA sucks at football. He was the lone brightspot on that defense. He is built alot like Aaron Donald and knows how to play with leverage. He's a beast inside, and his motor is off the chain elite. I like the pick and the fit. I think fans on this board need to step away from the cliff and do some film room watching on him. He's nearly unblockable.
I'm personally not harping on this player. Clearly, he is good.

But, when the best defensive mind in all of football (Bill Belichick) trades over us and gleefully fights to pick up DT Christian Barmore, that should tell everyone which DT should have been the one we should have gunned for, especially when he was only drafted 6 picks easily reachable in a trade before our 44th pick. Don't tell me Quinn is a better defensive mind that Belichick, because everyone knows that's simply not true.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would like to see us draft a speed merchant on day 3 like Demetric felton to take the top off defenses and to give us a weapon on special teams. I dont want CD Lamb returning punts or kicks. We could use an upgrade there and Felton would do that instantly. He's Tyreek Hill fast.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Do I have proof that the team drafting ahead of the team who drafted your pet cat didn't somehow gain intel on the team drafting right after them and then know Jerry wanted the guy so they called Jerry to offer a trade? While they were at it they may have offered Jerry the Powerball winning numbers also.
Are you serious?

Stop crying Shirly.
It's not the our fault you spent so much time watching youtube highlight videos with bad rap music "scouting" you pet cats.
Bill Belichick trade moves for the best DT in the draft we should and could have easily moved 6 picks ahead of our 44th pick proves you, Quinn and everyone else wrong.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm personally not clapping on this player. Clearly, he is good.

But, when the best defensive mind in all of football (Bill Belichick) trades over us and gleefully fights to pick up DT Christian Barmore, that should tell everyone which DT should have been the one we should have gunned for, especially when he was only drafted 6 picks easily reachable in a trade before our 44th pick. Don't tell me Quinn is a better defensive mind that Belichick, because everyone knows that's simply not true.
I love Barmore and agree on that take...but its hard to get mad at this pick for us. I can see why we did it. The pick I am miffed at is the DB we took in round 3. That looks just idiotic.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Osa isn’t too bad. 5th ranked DT. Grades at skill 73.

it gets bad after that.

golston is ranked 17th DE. Skill at 56.

wright is ranked the 34th best CB. Skill at 34.
Where are you getting these rankings and grades btw?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Golston is a power edge rusher , plays heavy handed but finds a way to make plays due to his tenacity. He is a nice depth pick.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Bill Belichick trade moves for the best DT in the draft we should and could have easily moved 6 picks ahead of our 44th pick proves you, Quinn and everyone else wrong.
Belichecks draft history is not something to go to bat on. Robert Kraft even said they haven’t been doing a good job in recent years.

He’s the best X’s and O’s guy to ever do it. But he’s not the best talent evaluator.

Status
Not open for further replies.