Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select WR CeeDee Lamb with the 17th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I recognize the value, and I'm still not thrilled at putting so much into WR, but Lamb gives us everything we could want. Credible outside threat to backup the starters, returns punts, even a credible starter in a couple of years so we can choose between keeping Gallup or Cooper.
Lol lamb is starting this year friend.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
No, you didn't on only say another receiver is going to fix the issue. You said "it's all on Dak mostly. Are you saying that only applies with Dak, and with other QBs the overall team matters? And you said Dak can't score TD's yet he threw more TD passes than all but 3 QBs last year.

By the way, if the losses are "all on Dak mostly", then the wins in other years are also "all on Dak mostly", right?

I get if you think WR wasn't the right way to go. We all know the defense needs help. And I get not being completely sold on Dak. But you can do that and still be fair minded.

Sounds reasonable to me. Plus with a good draft and a good HC for a change, we should be seeing more of those wins. :star::thumbup:

jay94

Reaction score
Zeke isn’t even the highest paid player on the team. I think he’s 8th now.

As a running back he shouldn't even be paid in the top 25, yet here we are. Darren Mcfadden not only averaged more ypc with an anemic passing attack, but also with the line that was penalized the second most. Is Zeke vastly overrated and over payed? An emphatic yes now I get your statements, thank you for being honest Cowboy fan. Not to many of those are left.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Most folks seem happy with the pick. As many opinions that have been posted on who to draft first, I'm surprised we drafted a guy that gets this much consensus of approval. Good job Jerry Jones but it really was a no brainer. No one saw Lamb dropping to 17.

It's like the Martin pick; we took BPA of a blue chip guy who dropped, with nothing else thrilling on the board.

I and many others didn't want a WR, but he's great long term value while solving near terms needs. And there wasn't anyone else to be dying for instead.

If Kinlaw had been there too, I'd be pissed, but after us there wasn't anyone I particularly wanted either.

phildadon86

Reaction score
As a running back he shouldn't even be paid in the top 25, yet here we are. Darren Mcfadden not only averaged more ypc with an anemic passing attack, but also with the line that was penalized the second most. Is Zeke vastly overrated and over payed? An emphatic yes now I get your statements, thank you for being honest Cowboy fan. Not to many of those are left.
McFadden also got run down by his own offensive lineman. Please don’t compare Zeke to McFadden

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I recognize the value, and I'm still not thrilled at putting so much into WR, but Lamb gives us everything we could want. Credible outside threat to backup the starters, returns punts, even a credible starter in a couple of years so we can choose between keeping Gallup or Cooper.

I think we'll see a lot of this kid this year. He's too good to keep under wraps.

jay94

Reaction score
McFadden also got run down by his own offensive lineman. Please don’t compare Zeke to McFadden

Nonexistent contract, to the prior most expensive contract. What's the difference, not much. That is the rb position in a nutshell that the Cowboys were dumbe enough to pay for. Would argue Mcfadden did more with less.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Question: has there ever been a team with three 1,000 yard receivers? This is VERY possible. Here's why:

1) Cobb had 55 catches and 828 yards. Cee Dee >>>

2) Gallup already had a 1,000 yard season

3) We know what Coop can do 1 on 1 (who's gonna double him?)

4) The threat of Zeke. Still gotta stop the run when Zeke gets going. No more 8 in the box so he's gonna eat.

Dak might throw for 6,000 yards. He led the league in drop passes last season - should have had at least 5,300.

:starspin:

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Im a Sooners fan so Im admittedly biased. This pick made my night and Im ecstatic after the worry. I was getting flashbacks of Randy Moss and Steven Jackson falling and the Cowboys passing them up. I was stomping and yelling when Lamb AND Jeudy were still on the board 2 picks away. I hope defensive steals continue to fall to us over the next couple days. I sent a text as the draft started that was blocked when I tried to screenshot it here that said:

Who they likely pick:
Henderson
Kinlaw
Chaisson
Terrell

Who I hope falls:
Lamb

Last edited:

dckid

Reaction score
LFG!!!!

Cowboys nailed this pick. Thank you for not overthinking it Jerry. Had him as the #1 WR in this class. Never thought he’d be available. Absolute stud who was a big-play machine at OU. Will slide right into the slot position vacated by Randall Cobb. Excellent pick.

Grade: A+

It's about time a great player falls to us @17. Thank god they didn't trade back just to address a need. The less time and Skype/Zoom meetings prevented stupid stuff from happeneing.
This is called building on a strength. Man how much better shape we would be in if we had signed a CB, or kept Jones.
The FO needs to be ready to win a SB at all times.

Rayman70

Reaction score
rounds 2-7 is where MM will flourish and build the nuts and bolts of the team. Corner,safety,DT/EDGE all will be the flavor. Grateful as hell we didn't pick a reach at 17. We took the BPA and maybe the steal of the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.