Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select WR Noah Brown - Round 7 (239th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It would be unwise to keep Butler over him if it came down to it. Butler had his chance and has failed
more than enough for us to know who he is.

If it's close cut Butler.

I'm surprised some of y'all actually hate Butler.

I thought he made some big plays, and I actually think he's a guy that could turn the corner. He's also one of our few actual deep threats.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I actually think he's a guy that could turn the corner.

The Raiders kept waiting for him to do the same thing before they finally gave up and traded him. There is only so long that you can wait on a tease that never pulls it together mentally.

I would like nothing more than for us to move on and give an opportunity to a younger player like Brown.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

I thought he made some big plays, and I actually think he's a guy that could turn the corner. He's also one of our few actual deep threats.

I don't "hate" the guy and am pulling for him to "turn the corner" but I just don't see anything that would lead me to believe he is anything more than an occasional big play guy.

If there are younger guys that can offer the same occasional big plays, and long term potential, I go with the younger guy.

Last edited:

Hailmary

Reaction score

It's my opinion that he thinks too much and doesn't let his natural abilities shine. Nearly everyone is physically gifted in the NFL, it's the attitude that separates them and I just don't think Butler has "it".

Carson

Reaction score
It's my opinion that he thinks too much and doesn't let his natural abilities shine. Nearly everyone is physically gifted in the NFL, it's the attitude that separates them and I just don't think Butler has "it".

Too inconsistent and a couple of bone headed plays. I like him though. He's very 50/50. He either makes a spectacular catch jumping over a guy ... or drops it. Needs better concsistency

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The Raiders kept waiting for him to do the same thing before they finally gave up and traded him. There is only so long that you can wait on a tease that never pulls it together mentally.

I would like nothing more than for us to move on and give an opportunity to a younger player like Brown.

Well then it's a good thing we drafted Brown, but they aren't going to give him anything.

No one is advocating for keeping an inferior player.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I don't "hate" the guy and am pulling for him to "turn the corner" but I just don't see anything that would lead me to believe he is anything more than an occasional big play guy.

If there are younger guys that can offer the same occasional big plays, and long term potential, I go with the younger guy.

I think we all want the better player to stay on the roster.

I just wasn't aware how passionately people felt about Butler, considering he's probably the 6th or 7th option on a given play.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

It's possible.

I'm not arguing anyone's opinion. I'm just surprised there are strong opinions against him considering he's the 4th receiver.

Hailmary

Reaction score
It's possible.

I'm not arguing anyone's opinion. I'm just surprised there are strong opinions against him considering he's the 4th receiver.
I think everyone (myself included) is just looking for an upgrade wherever they can find it for the betterment of the team. Brown may not be a better receiver at the moment, but I see a much higher ceiling with him. In the meantime, I think he can offer a lot more in ST with his physical nature.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I think we all want the better player to stay on the roster.

I just wasn't aware how passionately people felt about Butler, considering he's probably the 6th or 7th option on a given play.

True. Expectations are a little unrealistic if he's expected to compete as a #1 receiver.

links18

Reaction score
It's possible.

The few times Butler has really stood out its been for some boneheadedness.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score

The GB game is still fresh on people's minds. He let that TD pass go through his hands in and got called for a ridiculous penalty that most people didn't know was an actual penalty.

Thought he did a great job of filling in for Dez during the regular season, he's great Dez insurance. Don't see him going anywhere since Switzer can't play outside consistently, and Noah Brown is green as can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.