1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Cowboys should have traded Ezekiel Elliott last year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by timb2, Mar 29, 2020.

1. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,911 Messages
    12,327 Likes Received
    Well CJ Anderson carried the Rams a large part of the way and the Eagles did it with Foles and Ajayi.

2. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,216 Messages
    59,404 Likes Received
    It’s just not a difference making position anymore. 1993 was a long time ago, and the game has changed a lot. This year’s championship showed what it’s all about now. You run to get into favorable passing situations. Passing effectively and stopping the pass wins championships.

Clove and aria like this.
  3. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

533 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Patriots had Belli and Brady as well. Zeke is also proving hes by far the best most consistent and healthy back in the league. Team runs through him

treykin32 likes this.
  4. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

5,554 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    Didnt we had the conversation over and over again?

You dont draft RBs that high. All other problems we have to handle now are the reasons why you don't.

People dont say such things because they hate players. There are good reasons to it.

5. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

15,958 Messages
    10,716 Likes Received
    Shouldve traded dak too if they're not going to sign him this offseason. Jaylon and dlaws contracts look bad to right now.

6. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

8,281 Messages
    5,866 Likes Received
    Zeke can convince me if he shows up cut and REGAINS his quickness and dedication we made the right decision. . However if we could have traded I would have done it because he was a shadow of his rookie season last year.

7. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

4,792 Messages
    1,095 Likes Received
    Have you actually watched Darius Jackson? I really wanted to him to work out as a speed threat but he is absolutely horrible at trying to anticipate holes or get around the edge. For all that supposed speed, it really doesn't translate to the game.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  8. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,384 Messages
    6,596 Likes Received
  9. pete026

pete026 Well-Known Member

496 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    If Zeke only "ran" like this sentence.

Sorry, timb2; these days you gotta have a laugh every now and then.

Amarillofan82 likes this.
  10. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

3,937 Messages
    4,992 Likes Received
    The Cowboys don’t make trades like that, plus Jerry has a track record of holding on to players he likes. Which is why he is such a poor GM. He allows his personal relationships with the players to govern the football teams future

11. 1972COWBOY

1972COWBOY Well-Known Member

1,215 Messages
    1,144 Likes Received
    Zekes first couple of years was great and then he let his fame get to his head got into trouble and got banned. I think Zeke reached his peak already unless he gets humbled and turns it back up a few notches. But we would have to get a Hershel type trade to let him go.

12. Dak_Attack_09

Dak_Attack_09 Well-Known Member

1,719 Messages
    1,455 Likes Received
    Fug no

13. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

41,184 Messages
    60,427 Likes Received
    They are not crying for cap space.

Amarillofan82, UncleBlazer and timb2 like this.
  14. timb2

timb2 Well-Known Member

6,009 Messages
    11,799 Likes Received
    So that's the reason why Byron Jones is not here in Dallas

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  15. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

530 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Why would the Ravens, who early in FA signed Ingram want EE? Why wouldn't the Bucs sign Brady for 25m per season when that is a discount for a franchise QB?

16. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Well-Known Member

726 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    well that’s not as impressive a list to me as you I guess; Dak is average, who knows what Gregory is these days, Sean Lee is 57 and injury prone, LVE is already having neck problems and missed time, Jaylon Smith is a non-contact linebacker who plays soft and prefers open field tackles to preserve his product, Tyron’s back is giving out more often, and Dix is an upgrade but an older one. That’s seven players who are not that great or are injury prone and old.

17. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    5,160 Likes Received
    I would have drafted Zeke, used him for three years, then traded him. We must remember Zeke was drafted to be paired with Romo. Zeke was exactly what Romo and Dallas needed at that time.

stuckindc and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  18. cern

cern Well-Known Member

11,386 Messages
    15,759 Likes Received
    I doubt any other player taken 4th could have helped the team as much as zeke. Sadly our hc failed us again. Zeke will show his value more than ever this year under Mac's offense. Jmo

stuckindc, Fastpitch Dad and Techsass like this.
  19. ksg811

ksg811 Well-Known Member

876 Messages
    1,695 Likes Received
    Cap space has nothing to do with Byron not being in Dallas. The front office just didn’t value him at $16.5 million AAV.

20. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,432 Messages
    7,567 Likes Received
    1st off they arent crying for cap space, maybe they shouldnt have paid a WR 20mil that showed for 8 games? maybe they should cut Crawford, we need 2 kickers? Doesnt look caps and issue right now, you are misinformed.., the biggest issue is TFred sudden retirement that put 11mil in dead cap on us without warning.... the Fo was supposed to see that coming a year ago?

Zekes still one of the best players in the league and on this team!

maybe pay dak less, he wants Elite money ranked 10-12
    the issue with that cap are NOT Zeke he signed a very team friendly deal and still played well.. get past it haters..hes here dont livbe in the past with coulda shoulda its wasted energy!