Cowboys should hire Sean Lee as DC

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe after a few seasons as an assistant but not right after retirement.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy wouldn't hire Witten and his job is going to be on the line and there is no way he is risking his job on a player thats never coached.
I thought Witten still wanted to play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Never wanted Troy as GM and NEVER EVER wanted Romo as HC/OC/QBC/BenchC/or any damn coach on the Cowboys!
just restating old narratives, not you in particular, just read fans have said all those suggestions before.

fansince68

Reaction score
Now that Mike Nolan is a lock to be fired at the end of the year the Cowboys need to go in one direction and one direction only when it comes to defensive coordinator and that's Sean Lee. Lee is seeing less and less playing time and now would be a great time to retire and take over the defensive coordinator duties. Now I know there will be plenty of people that will say that I'm crazy or that Lee isn't ready and all that garbage but when have we've seen a guy with Lee's intellect, work ethic, and ability to break down film. Lee is so smart that he has even changed the D-coordinator's calls because he knew it wasn't the right defense for that situation. If I was Jerry Jones I would bring Lee into my office and tell him that it's time to retire but now you're going to be my new defensive coordinator and promise him that's we're going to do everything we can to bring guys in through either the draft and or free agency to help rebuild that defense.
I like S Lee a lot. But there is no guarantee that he would be a good coach. This defense is too pitiful to risk with a untested coach. How about assistant defensive coach instead. Historically, the best defensive coaches were not good players. Tony Dungy being the only one I can think of. Mike Singleton was a very hard hitter, he was cerebral, and he was a motivator, he fell flat as a coach. I really don't like the culture of this team including the defense. The defense needs toughness, and hard-nosed players. The other ingredient that is missing is MOTIVATION. Sean Lee was a good player and he is cerebral but I'm not convinced he could motivate this train wreck. Sean Lee would probably do a lot better in his coaching career with a different team.

exciter

Reaction score
Now that Mike Nolan is a lock to be fired at the end of the year the Cowboys need to go in one direction and one direction only when it comes to defensive coordinator and that's Sean Lee. Lee is seeing less and less playing time and now would be a great time to retire and take over the defensive coordinator duties. Now I know there will be plenty of people that will say that I'm crazy or that Lee isn't ready and all that garbage but when have we've seen a guy with Lee's intellect, work ethic, and ability to break down film. Lee is so smart that he has even changed the D-coordinator's calls because he knew it wasn't the right defense for that situation. If I was Jerry Jones I would bring Lee into my office and tell him that it's time to retire but now you're going to be my new defensive coordinator and promise him that's we're going to do everything we can to bring guys in through either the draft and or free agency to help rebuild that defense.
Hmmm.... maybe just maybe, before hiring him to one of the teams most important coach positions without any experience, he could coach up the LBs that he currently playing with!