Cowboys should look to buy low on Trey Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

lk8701

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy was instrumental in Aaron Rodgers development. Why not take a swing if the price is low? The Cowboys need a contingency option if Dak fails to get it done this year with a stacked team.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
He was always a project -and probably always will be. Waste of an early draft pick! Very little playing experience.

Sam Darnold could do very well in their offense! Simple reads and simple decisions and their OC has the defense on their heals all game!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy was instrumental in Aaron Rodgers development. Why not take a swing if the price is low? The Cowboys need a contingency option if Dak fails to get it done this year with a stacked team.

BWAAAAA!!!

If the Niners are giving up already then why would we want him?

He sucks anyway. Might take him 5 years.

Ill give them a 5th rounder for him.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
If you can make a reasonable trade for him you would probably have a talent upgrade on Grier at least.

It may be too early to consider that he will unseat Rush due to his decision making skills.

If we pick him up, I would throw money at him with his own personal QB coach to help him adjust to the NFL game behind Dak and Rush.

Heck we are debating on this board how a 2nd round pick is a waste of money, this could be a really cheap pick for the team at what is always a risky position to find your starter.

I would certainly make a run for him for a 4th or later. Someone has to get this kid out of San Francisco where his humiliation is in front of him everyday with Purdy and Darnold ahead of him.

Then he gets a chance to start all over again. I would pick him right now with the intent of making him the 3rd string QB.

tunahelper

Reaction score

Fools gold. Stay away.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
We should bring him in for intel on our game with the Niners this year.

John813

Reaction score
If he can't start over Sam Darnold or Brock Purdy I mean why even trade for him? Wait until he's cut. I mean he has to get cut at this point right?

More incentive to trade away as if cut his cap hit jumps up to 14mil(5 mil over his current cap hit of ~9mil)
If traded, his dead cap is only 5.5mil this year saving them 3.7mil in cap space this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.