Cowboys should look to buy low on Trey Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamma

Reaction score
He's not. Hurts is an OK passer. Lance is not.
You're right. But keep in mind that Lance hasn't had the same opportunities. The two are in totally different offensives systems. Hurts sucked until he had a heavy RPO plan and throwing into run defenses. Lance never had that luxury.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Mike McCarthy was instrumental in Aaron Rodgers development. Why not take a swing if the price is low? The Cowboys need a contingency option if Dak fails to get it done this year with a stacked team.

The 49ers gave up two number one picks and a third rounder to move up for Trey Lance.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If ever a guy needed to go to the latest developmental league (XFL, USFL, Canada, etc) it is Trey Lance. Other than just sitting him for two seasons to learn in a firm 3rd string role.

The more I read about him, the more I can't believe they gave up so much for him. Something like 300 snaps in 4 years is all he has taken due to c-word, injury, lack of college ball experience, etc..

I remember Irvin talking about him though and said his arm was Brett Favre strong. So talent is there, but mentor with care, if he isn't already destroyed.

kskboys

Reaction score
And they also had zero oline. And no one blocking. Look at there team in a hole. If they didn't have Injurys left and right they would be SB Champs alot more then things would seem.

Lance has talent. But Shanahan is focused on Purdy
SF OLine ratings

2021: 6th
2022: 8th
2023: 8th

Honestly, are you just making stuff up?

kskboys

Reaction score
If ever a guy needed to go to the latest developmental league (XFL, USFL, Canada, etc) it is Trey Lance. Other than just sitting him for two seasons to learn in a firm 3rd string role.

The more I read about him, the more I can't believe they gave up so much for him. Something like 300 snaps in 4 years is all he has taken due to c-word, injury, lack of college ball experience, etc..

I remember Irvin talking about him though and said his arm was Brett Favre strong. So talent is there, but mentor with care, if he isn't already destroyed.
He was drafted strictly due to having a great arm. The hoopla over him was just stupid. SF did catch a bunch of crapp for trading up for a small school prospect.

shabazz

Reaction score
The 49ers gave up two number one picks and a third rounder to move up for Trey Lance.
at least the quarterback whisperers out there are willing to admit they made a mistake. He’s not a good passer and not a great athlete either from the reports there. Have to have at least one of these attributes

shabazz

Reaction score
He was drafted strictly due to having a great arm. The hoopla over him was just stupid. SF did catch a bunch of crapp for trading up for a small school prospect.
Funny how quick ESPN was mourning and crying about poor little Trey Trey not getting his shot. This could turn out to be their biggest “ cause celeb” since them convulsing over Lamar not getting his guaranteed contract back then.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
at least the quarterback whisperers out there are willing to admit they made a mistake. He’s not a good passer and not a great athlete either from the reports there. Have to have at least one of these attributes
Shanahan made a huge blunder wanting to draft him. He obviously saw something special in him to give up all those draft picks to move up. He’s lucky the 49ers continue to go deep in the playoffs or that move would have cost him his job.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have a feeling the 49ers want too much for him but I do think the Cowboys should have a developmental QB on their roster. Rush can be he backup but there is no sense having another vet sit behind Rush. The third guy should be a youngster who can benefit from sitting on the bench for a few years.

conner01

Reaction score
If Lance couldn’t play well in that Shanahan offense… I damn sure don’t want anything to do with him.
That’s the thing. One of the most QB friendly systems in the league
I’d say they kid just can’t play if he can’t play in that system
Purdy thrived in that system
I’d rather have Purdy lol

conner01

Reaction score
Shanahan made a huge blunder wanting to draft him. He obviously saw something special in him to give up all those draft picks to move up. He’s lucky the 49ers continue to go deep in the playoffs or that move would have cost him his job.
Some great coaches just aren’t good GM’s
Obviously Shanny is much better at scheme than talent evaluation lol

Status
Not open for further replies.