Cowboys should start Cooper Rush in week 17

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Time to move on from Dak. Jerry needs to jump out ahead of all the off season drama of the “to pay Dak or not Pay Dak BS.”

Move on. Let’s make it about football around here and not who gives good interviews. We will not get a good coach to come here if the worse player on our offense is the highest paid player on the team. The new coach is going to want to draft his guy or bring the free agent of his choice at about $9-10 million.

So why not go ahead and end the Dak offseason Saga and let Cooper Rush get a chance. Hell, might even find out he is capable enough to make the easy throws Dak gets praised for. Might find out if he is good enough to keep around to be the backup next year.

Dak was terrible, but only play CRush if Dak can’t play.

I think it was borderline last week.

Dak clearly hurt us.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Time to move on from Dak. Jerry needs to jump out ahead of all the off season drama of the “to pay Dak or not Pay Dak BS.”

Move on. Let’s make it about football around here and not who gives good interviews. We will not get a good coach to come here if the worse player on our offense is the highest paid player on the team. The new coach is going to want to draft his guy or bring the free agent of his choice at about $9-10 million.

So why not go ahead and end the Dak offseason Saga and let Cooper Rush get a chance. Hell, might even find out he is capable enough to make the easy throws Dak gets praised for. Might find out if he is good enough to keep around to be the backup next year.
Good idea, wont happen, but it would be good chance to test drive rush.

ArtClink

Reaction score

I've seen Cooper Rush play - a lot. And if Rush sees action Sunday, I'd recommend only drinking when we are on defense otherwise you may inadvertently spit out out your beer in laughter watching Cooper "2112" Rush play ball.

As a reminder, Dak has thrown for more yards this year than 99% of all Cowboys QB's in our history, so what you call a bad year for Dak, I call a flawed, dysfunctional organization that puts its QB who continues to improve every season, in the hands of an offensive coordinator who has zero NFL experience, who like Garrett has been given the freedom to "learn on the job", winning be damned.

Dak, like his predecessor Romo, has had his share of bad games and very much like Romo has come up short in big games. Remember the NFC championship game Romo took us to? Yeah, neither do I and at least Romo was the benefactor of having Parcels as his head coach, who was allowed to hire his own staff. Dak has never missed a snap, has great running abilities that Kellen "The Hammer" Moore continually has refused to utilize, and has had a revolving door of QB coaches starting with oh yeah a green Kellen Moore with zero QB coaching experience.

Compared to the underachieving Romo, Dak has performed equally well with a lesser coaching staff (Garrett vs. Parcels is like a beauty contest between Janet Reno and Marilyn Monroe), with a QB coach with no experience, then an O-coordinator again with no experience, and he still threw for over 4500 yards in spite of all the coaching advantages Romo had. So you might tap the brakes before hinting that the pitiful Cooper "2112" Rush has an upside over a proven QB leading the NFL's top offense in yards gained.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Has a username of "LetsbeReal"..

Yet here's a thread of complete non reality.

conner01

Reaction score
I would have no issue with playing rush this week
Assures our middle rnd draft pick
But there is a 100% chance Dak is the QB next year and all this move on from Dak is kinda crazy

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Do I believe dak is the cowboys biggest problem? Absolutely I do

LLLOOOLLL, THIS! the egirls did the only thing they could do to beat the boys and dare Dak to beat them and guess what? He could not get it done. Any of our starters in the past excluding Quincy, would have passed for 300 yards and a couple of TD's with ease.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen Cooper Rush play - a lot. And if Rush sees action Sunday, I'd recommend only drinking when we are on defense otherwise you may inadvertently spit out out your beer in laughter watching Cooper "2112" Rush play ball.

As a reminder, Dak has thrown for more yards this year than 99% of all Cowboys QB's in our history, so what you call a bad year for Dak, I call a flawed, dysfunctional organization that puts its QB who continues to improve every season, in the hands of an offensive coordinator who has zero NFL experience, who like Garrett has been given the freedom to "learn on the job", winning be damned.

Dak, like his predecessor Romo, has had his share of bad games and very much like Romo has come up short in big games. Remember the NFC championship game Romo took us to? Yeah, neither do I and at least Romo was the benefactor of having Parcels as his head coach, who was allowed to hire his own staff. Dak has never missed a snap, has great running abilities that Kellen "The Hammer" Moore continually has refused to utilize, and has had a revolving door of QB coaches starting with oh yeah a green Kellen Moore with zero QB coaching experience.

Compared to the underachieving Romo, Dak has performed equally well with a lesser coaching staff (Garrett vs. Parcels is like a beauty contest between Janet Reno and Marilyn Monroe), with a QB coach with no experience, then an O-coordinator again with no experience, and he still threw for over 4500 yards in spite of all the coaching advantages Romo had. So you might tap the brakes before hinting that the pitiful Cooper "2112" Rush has an upside over a proven QB leading the NFL's top offense in yards gained.
Very well said Art. I would love to see what Dak could do under an OC and HC with some real NFL accomplishments.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Very well said Art. I would love to see what Dak could do under an OC and HC with some real NFL accomplishments.

Yeah me too. Romo is heralded for 2 wild card wins, Dak keeps getting better, threw for over 4500 yds this season, has won a wild card game (matching 50% of Romo's post season "glory"), and has done it with the two biggest dumb ***** in Pokes history as HC and Off coordinator.

OldCoach

Reaction score
Serious question.

Do you really believe this?
This is not really a Cowboys fan. It’s a sad example of a Cowboys fan turned into a hater over time because of all the failed expectations. Instead of rooting for the team it’s so much easier emotionally to bash them. So you have to ask yourself the question are you really a fan?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah me too. Romo is heralded for 2 wild card wins, Dak keeps getting better, threw for over 4500 yds this season, has won a wild card game (matching 50% of Romo's post season "glory"), and has done it with the two biggest dumb ***** in Pokes history as HC and Off coordinator.
It’s been so long since our Cowboys were great. I wish our younger fans could have experienced what true greatness was when Roger Staubach played. He won 11 playoff games, 4 NFC championships and 2 SBs, all within a decade. Under “Coach” Jones, Cowboys fans have won 3 WC games in 24 years. Perspective. Our fans have been cheated for too long.

ArtClink

Reaction score
It’s been so long since our Cowboys were great. I wish our younger fans could have experienced what true greatness was when Roger Staubach played. He won 11 playoff games, 4 NFC championships and 2 SBs, all within a decade. Under “Coach” Jones, Cowboys fans have won 3 WC games in 24 years. Perspective. Our fans have been cheated for too long.

Very true. And when things are screwed up for so long (under Jerry's reign of terror), fans start to believe this is the norm for NFL franchises. The Jones model is the antithesis of how elite organizations operate.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
We're not going to the playoffs. Even if we squeaked in, we wouldn't be able to do jack. So, I say why not? Start Cooper Rush to get him some playing time.

khiladi

Reaction score

This post is rewriting history. Romo saved Parcells, not the other way around. This post is asinine, because it’s a completely wrong.

ArtClink

Reaction score
This post is rewriting history. Romo saved Parcells, not the other way around. This post is asinine, because it’s a completely wrong.

Which part of Romo's two wildcard wins in 10 years is not factual? As I recall Parcels went 10-6 in his first year as our coach with cough, Quincy Carter under center and made the playoffs ...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Dak has had better defenses, a better O-line, and a better RB than Romo had. Don’t forget that. Dak is still below average.

khiladi

Reaction score
Which part of Romo's two wildcard wins in 10 years is not factual? As I recall Parcels went 10-6 in his first year as our coach with cough, Quincy Carter under center and made the playoffs ...

Your claim that Dak is operating in better circumstances than Romo is completely laughable, among them that Dak plays under Garrett. Romo player with Garrett officially calling the plays. Romo wasn’t even allowed in game planning. Dak NEVER did. Dak had the top 3 OL in the league, with four all pro linemen and the best RB in the league, while Romo had journeymen OL that was over-rated trash. Julius Jones Dan behind Romo, Dak has Zeke. Romo saw deep 2 cover zone all day because defenses feared his arm, while defenses dare Dak to beat them with single coverage, one deep safety.

Getting to the playoffs under Quincy Carter was ONE year. In year 4, when Parcells brought in his guys, Romo saved his JOB. They didn’t even switch to a 3-4 by then. The only reason the Cowboys lost your Seattle is because of Parcells ridiculously absurd conservative game plan to not attack Seattle’s third string CBS.

In fact, the fruits of the 2016 season were in fact, built on the concepts implemented by Romo when Jerry completely banished Garrett from playcalling in 2014,

Your post is the most inaccurate post ever written on this forum.

Dak would have won 1 game under the same circumstances as Romo. Your post is like comparing Rush with the third stringers and practice squad in pre-season with Dak in pre-season with the first strong OL.

Last edited: