Twitter: Cowboys should trade for Quinnen Williams

cern

Reaction score
you mean you can't board an airplane carrying a weapon? when the hell did that happen. and so far, his young career has amounted to very little.

The Natural

Reaction score
In all sincerity, he seems like a nice happy go lucky young man. Probably an honest mistake that will come out once more is released, I doubt the Jets trade him.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The same thing happened to Barry Switzer when he was coaching the Cowboys in 1997. A loaded revolver was discovered in his carry-on baggage at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

That’s how he aquired the nickname “Gunsmoke”.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
As long as we are living in offseason fantasy land maybe they’ll sweeten the pot and toss in Adams too. :rolleyes:

Rayman70

Reaction score
they won't be trading him. He's just 22 and too good. As dumb as this was, he made a mistake. Not enough for them to dump him off.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I get the feeling it's an honest mistake.

Most players carry guns with them - as pro athletes they make an obvious target for criminals, and even if they can take on any punk mano a mano, they can't stop a bullet. You think you'd be a little more careful having a handgun in New York, but as a 22 year old rookie who's been in the state less than a year, I can see how he'd screw that up.

So this sounds like ignorance, rather than say malice or recklessness. He'll get a slap on the wrist from the state, and nothing will happen from the Jets side other than his coaches probably giving him some ****.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If they traded Williams for 5th round pick them they will have no problem getting rid of Quennin Williams for 1st or 2nd round pick.

Leonard was in the final year of his rookie deal. They had already decided to let him walk. They have 4 more years of team control with Quennin

John813

Reaction score
Leonard was in the final year of his rookie deal. They had already decided to let him walk. They have 4 more years of team control with Quennin

And Leonard never really lived up to his pick, either. TBD with QW

RoboQB

Reaction score
I don't want stupid players and that's just stupid!

I can't even get a bottle of water thru security!

"Security" once forced my wife to throw away her shampoo at bag check.
Meanwhile they allowed a man to pass with eggs from a rare bird in a
styrofoam cooler, duct taped shut.

The pilot was informed of the cooler and refused to take off.
We were delayed for over an hour. Finally, they removed the
man, and his cooler, from the plane.

Loso86

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it was a honest mistake, or he wants to get out of the dumpster fire organization. I would give up a second round pick for him.

Why would they trade there 1st round pick from a year ago for a 2nd just because of this probable mistake

Flamma

Reaction score
Unless he pleads guilty to a lesser charge, he could be facing a mandatory 3 year prison sentence for carrying a firearm in NYC without a permit issued by the City of New York. Since this looks like it could be an honest mistake and there are probably some Jets fans in the NY DA's office, I am guessing this will wind up getting tossed or he will plead guilty to jay-walking or something.

Oh, and the Jets traded away Leonard Williams for a 5th round pick last year. No way they trade this guy too.

I was wondering about that. In NJ it's 3 years period. No pleading to a lesser charge. If you get caught, you go. Unless of course they don't charge you with carrying without a permit.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it was a honest mistake, or he wants to get out of the dumpster fire organization. I would give up a second round pick for him.

It's always good to trade for players that are facing jail time and a suspension

ESisback

Reaction score
he’s considered one of their building blocks and a generational talent. It’ll take a lot more than a first round pick

Exactly, Besides, if Dallas gave up the house, the league would turn around and suspend him. A year from now we’d be debating if he’ll see the field in 2021.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
That's probably true. He'll likely be retained and considered as merely having made an honest mistake.
Which it was........it's hard enough to understand gun laws from county to county. It's a hot mess.

cern

Reaction score
Glock 19 is an excellent midsize pistol and perhaps one of the best in its class. He's got great taste
I'll take the sig 226 navy anytime over a glock.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So the Jets are going to trade away the #3 overall pick from last year, a 22-year DT building block of the organization, and absorb a $26M+ cap penalty......for a 2nd round pick??????

OK

I don't see how the Jets could pass if the Cowboys offered 2nd round pick Trysten Hill.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
you mean you can't board an airplane carrying a weapon? when the hell did that happen. and so far, his young career has amounted to very little.

Shall Not be infringed....:muttley: