Twitter: Cowboys showing interest in CB Desmond Trufant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes, no one is jumping on the chris harris band wagon and paying him what he wants. I think his market is so so. I think we may be able to sweetin the deal with incentatives and maybe up front sign on bonus and still maybe come in at 7-8 mil per. Maybe a 3 year deal for 28 mil, but with an optional 4th year? Maybe we can pay him more just to sign? We really need him badly.

I think it's because his asking price is so high, just like Clowney.

If you can sign him for the figures you're mentioning? Sign me up for that too.

Wood

Reaction score
Chris Harris
Nickell Robey-Coleman
Logan Ryan
Brian Poole
Mack Alexander
Jimmy Smith
Desmond Trufant
Eli Apple
Ronald Darby
Johnathan Joseph
Will Parks
Javien Elliott
Anthony Brown
Kevin Johnson
Tramaine Brock
Aqib Talib
Bashaud Breeland
Rashaan Melvin

Who do you got that's an upgrade and less than 10?

Johnathan Joseph is 35 years old. He is not getting $10 mill. Get him on 1 year deal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I suspect part of the allure of Trufant is he wouldn't cost us comp picks unlike Harris, who I believe would have cost us a 4th round comp pick, at least.
I think thats why they might go direction. I think they are going to try hard to hold on to those 3rds

ultron

Reaction score
I suspect part of the allure of Trufant is he wouldn't cost us comp picks unlike Harris, who I believe would have cost us a 4th round comp pick, at least.
Harris got $10/m a year - that seems high for a guy on the backend of his career.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Curious, why would Harris cost us a comp pick but not Trufant?

Sydla

Reaction score
Harris got $10/m a year - that seems high for a guy on the backend of his career.

Not to me when you see Jones getting $17MM. Harris can still play and it's only a 2 year deal at $10MM per and I suspect the Chargers can get out after one year with minimal pain.

I would have been all over Harris at that number.

Dreski

Reaction score
Was Trufant playing in Atlanta when Mike Nolan was the DC?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Curious, why would Harris cost us a comp pick but not Trufant?

Harris is an unrestricted free agent whose contract expired with Denver. So his contract would count into the comp pick formula and negatively impact the possible picks the cowboys get.

Trufant was cut by the Falcons. Players who are cut, their new contract does not count into the company pick formula at all. I believe it’s a provision of the CBA to encourage teams to sign players that have been cut by other teams, making it easier for them to find jobs.

ultron

Reaction score
Not to me when you see Jones getting $17MM. Harris can still play and it's only a 2 year deal at $10MM per and I suspect the Chargers can get out after one year with minimal pain.

I would have been all over Harris at that number.
Yea I guess you’re right, Trufant was rated slightly higher than Harris last year and he’s only a year younger I certainly wouldn’t mind having either - sucks that Harris went to the Chargers.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Trufants health issues should drive his price down but the Commanders have interest in him as well so the Skins may pull another Amari Cooper to make us eat up more cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.