Twitter: Cowboys showing interest in CB Desmond Trufant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loso86

Reaction score
Where exactly do you suppose you are going to find one of those?
He would be better than the CBs on this roster do you not agree. Or do you want to role out next season with chido brown and lewis?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s going to take at least 10 million a year. I’m in but who knows what that front office thinks.

If that's the cost? I'm out!
giphy.gif

JBS

Reaction score
He would be better than the CBs on this roster do you not agree. Or do you want to role out next season with chido brown and lewis?

I dont think I understand your position. I'm all for bringing in trufant. I was under the impression you were not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind this if we can do a 3 year deal that we can get out of easily.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Could see this as a one year PROVE IT deal at like 8mill

unless he wants the security and accepts like a 3yr 24 which I wouldn’t oppose

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think we can get Chris Harris at around 7 mil per for like 3 years. That's cheap. He is the best option in my opinion because he is versatile. He has played corner AND SAFETY at a high level. Even if we draft top flight db's, this would be a very nice vet to have on the roster to help with the maturation process on the field of the rooks. ...reading coverages etc.

Carson

Reaction score
I disagree.

Chris Harris
Nickell Robey-Coleman
Logan Ryan
Brian Poole
Mack Alexander
Jimmy Smith
Desmond Trufant
Eli Apple
Ronald Darby
Johnathan Joseph
Will Parks
Javien Elliott
Anthony Brown
Kevin Johnson
Tramaine Brock
Aqib Talib
Bashaud Breeland
Rashaan Melvin

Who do you got that's an upgrade and less than 10?

Carson

Reaction score
I think we can get Chris Harris at around 7 mil per for like 3 years. That's cheap. He is the best option in my opinion because he is versatile. He has played corner AND SAFETY at a high level. Even if we draft top flight db's, this would be a very nice vet to have on the roster to help with the maturation process on the field of the rooks. ...reading coverages etc.

Unless his market is ice cold. Turned down a 3 year, 36 million dollar deal with Denver

Kaiser

Reaction score
Problem is, ANY CB we sign that is an upgrade over Awuzie and Lewis is going to cost 10+

Exactly, its market rate for a good CB. 10 Million would make Trufant 18th on the CB pay scale at the moment, and other contracts could push that lower.

I love how fans demand we sign everyone in sight but only want bargains.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Unless his market is ice cold. Turned down a 3 year, 36 million dollar deal with Denver
yes, no one is jumping on the chris harris band wagon and paying him what he wants. I think his market is so so. I think we may be able to sweetin the deal with incentatives and maybe up front sign on bonus and still maybe come in at 7-8 mil per. Maybe a 3 year deal for 28 mil, but with an optional 4th year? Maybe we can pay him more just to sign? We really need him badly.

Loso86

Reaction score
I dont think I understand your position. I'm all for bringing in trufant. I was under the impression you were not.
Oh no lol most communication my guy I'm all for it too!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m curious to see what trufant and Harris do get. Either with us or another team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chris Harris
Nickell Robey-Coleman
Logan Ryan
Brian Poole
Mack Alexander
Jimmy Smith
Desmond Trufant
Eli Apple
Ronald Darby
Johnathan Joseph
Will Parks
Javien Elliott
Anthony Brown
Kevin Johnson
Tramaine Brock
Aqib Talib
Bashaud Breeland
Rashaan Melvin

Who do you got that's an upgrade and less than 10?

Trufant
Talib
Brock
Breeland
Johnson
Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.