Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign 3rd rd draft pick WR Michael Gallup

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Folks are going to be surprised by this kid. He can really play. He will be a fan favorite before the season end.

It seems like everyone but Broaddus is pouring forth with great things to say about him, except for Broaddus. I'm hoping he's wrong this time and wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is. The clips I've seen of him are extremely impressive. Broaddus claims his routes aren't anything special and most others say just the opposite. Go figure. I'll go with the majority. He breaks tackles like gangbusters. Me likey. ;)

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There are twitter threads made daily for this stuff.

You dont have to steal the tweets from those thrrads and create your own threads with the one specific tweet just because it's the only way you get likes, and you care so much about those likes.

Dang, what's this all about, dude? For me, I don't go into those Twitter threads because those multiple tweets take forever to load so I think this serves the purpose of separating things out. I don't care for the liking system myself but what does it matter if another does (other posters, please like this post if you agree, lol)? I get that everyone wants to be the #1 breaker of news around here but it's nothing to lock horns over if another steals your thunder, IMO.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Romo's: A Football Life

CowboysZone Member/Romo Critic: "Romo's retired! He's no longer a Cowboy! Stop creating Romo threads! Especially in the FAN ZONE!!!"

Maybe it is just me but I have a feeling the waning flames of Romo hatred will be doused with gallons of gasoline in 2018. :laugh:

Ddisco22

Reaction score
That was fast. Just in time for him to take all of T-Will's OTA reps :laugh:
Wrong answer, T. Will will be a starter. He as too much time playing time to get beat out by Gallup, Besides Gallup is not predicted as a starter.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Folks are going to be surprised by this kid. He can really play. He will be a fan favorite before the season end.

I was watching some old game films on YouTube and ran across Kevin Williams. I always liked him. He was tough as nails. Could run and catch. I started thinking of Gallup when I watched KW.

I think you are right Big Dog. Gallup will be a player that turns heads for this team.

And while it is early, we may find out Dallas has a bunch of guys that just get open without an expensive #1. If this takes I wouldn't be surprised it catches on with the league.

Western

Reaction score
Mel Kiper's take on Gallup:

"I like the pick. Michael Gallup's a good football player. ... I don't even care about the measurables, look at the production. I don't worry about the Nevada game or the Hawaii game where he went wild, he had over 200 yards receiving. I go to the Alabama game, best team in the country, five catches, average 16 yards a catch against the Crimson Tide. He led the nation in receptions with 10 yards or more with 60. Good hands, the strength he displays running the ball after the catch is, I think, very good.... No problem dealing with traffic. He's physical, he's competitive. This is one of my favorite picks in Round 3."

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It seems like everyone but Broaddus is pouring forth with great things to say about him, except for Broaddus. I'm hoping he's wrong this time and wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is. The clips I've seen of him are extremely impressive. Broaddus claims his routes aren't anything special and most others say just the opposite. Go figure. I'll go with the majority. He breaks tackles like gangbusters. Me likey. ;)

Broaddus always impressed me he was like that cousin who used to come and stay for a couple of weeks during the summer. He was fat and socially awkward and your mother made you take him around all your friends. He'd tell these vulgar jokes and embarrass the heck out of you with the girl you were trying to attract. After he went back home his last name became a joke to label the kids in your school that were ill at ease at being a teen.

"That guy is a Broaddus for sure."

I think of him that way in the context of scouting these players. He seems to miss way more than he hits.

"That scout sure did miss on that player." "Yeah He Broaddus'd the heck out of him."

I may be over thinking this.

Ddisco22

Reaction score

as a fan of course I hope the guy does well and helps the team.
but... We can't expect too much right away, maybe most of the scouts didn't see what others are seeing.
Wasn't he ranked like #32 or something in the draft? Just curious as to why people are thinking he will automatically start.

cowboyec

Reaction score
good news.
Michael Gallup...he's gonna be a good'n.
Starter by end of camp...alongside Allen Hurns.
should be fun.