Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign 7th round pick Ben DiNucci

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't understand the Cooper Rush hate. I've only ever seen him play in pre-season games with third and fourth stringers, so how has this opinion formed?

Some fans are pedigree sniffers; they don’t like him because he was undrafted rookie free agent.

I thought he’s played very well all things considered; he actually could move an offense of 2nd/3rd stringers. Folks have forgotten all the slop we’ve trotted through here trying to find a competent backup. I liked Rush’s development as a backup QB, but he’s got an uphill battle with the new coaching staff and........DeNucci.

basel90

Reaction score
More likely an edge rusher outside on an island is gonna amount to more sack production vs an interior college DT,
it's a reason why Gallimore was the more highly regarded prospect and projected to go higher than Anea coming into the
draft. And keep in mind that interior DT is always a much harder to acquire impact position than a n edge rusher, thus more demand
for them,..and more of a push for them in the draft.

And make no mistake, scouts and personnel guys are still always caught up in workout measurements - which Gallimore's stand out numbers
in workout drills add to him being drafted higher,..vs Anae's numbers acting to his stock falling and him being drafted lower than expected.

But here's the biggest piece note with why i'm putting the two together - both rookie player really put on a show at the Senior Bowl
-whether in one on one practices or in the all star game itself. that's a big note with me, as you're going up against other heralded, regarded OL as well.
Gallimore is a beast and shows up in big games .

conner01

Reaction score
I stand by my original comment that Dak was ALSO a big reach, pipe dream, an exception.
He was never expected to start..but this team, was SO good...even a very average rookie QB pick.....was able to do well. I can only imagine what the QB the team was BUILT around...could have done.

You can't just look at draft position alone,. You have to wait for things to play out. If you didn't WAIT for Romo...you would have been really wrong. Right? If Dak had never been given a GREAT team to excel.....say given the Bengals or Miami..would he have been considered "elite", like some people think of him HERE. I think even your expressive take is NOT broad enough.
The waiting on romo was my point
Ben is a nice prospect but he’s very raw and needs to develop
Dak was much farther along as a player and that’s why one was taken in the 4th and the other taken in the 7th
No QB can be great on a bad team but I don’t think Dak is just a product of the team around him
If that’s the case then why invest in a QB at all, just build a good team and throw any QB out there

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The waiting on romo was my point
Ben is a nice prospect but he’s very raw and needs to develop
Dak was much farther along as a player and that’s why one was taken in the 4th and the other taken in the 7th
No QB can be great on a bad team but I don’t think Dak is just a product of the team around him
If that’s the case then why invest in a QB at all, just build a good team and throw any QB out there

I've said it before...Dak handled it quite well. We agree there. What we don't agree with, apparently...is the team's contribution to Dak. Lotta #1 picks on that offense. I include Coop.....they went out and got a stud WR, paid a #1.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand the Cooper Rush hate. I've only ever seen him play in pre-season games with third and fourth stringers, so how has this opinion formed?

I don't believe we saw enough of Rush either way. We had our chances to give him some real game reps....and didn't do it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He isn’t as good as brady. So guessing maybe he is in between the two.