Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign 7th round pick Ben DiNucci

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have the Nooch for 850,000 a year for the next four years.

We have Dak at 31,000,000 for one year.

So the question is...will there be a big drop off in production from Dak to the Nooch? Because if there isn't a big drop off then Dak isn't worth it, IMO.

Dak must be really mad. Ben got a 4 year deal and Dak didn't. :lmao2:

Yes, late round picks get 4 year deals. But couldn't resist.

fivetwos

Reaction score

So the question is...will there be a big drop off in production from Dak to the Nooch? Because if there isn't a big drop off then Dak isn't worth it, IMO.
The dropoff wouldnt be able to be measured, it would be that dramatic.

I didnt think the Dak hate could reach other level, but comparing him to DiNucci at this phase is definitely that.

I love DiNucci, and have seen a lot of him. I think he can be something with the right staff some years down the road, but if somehow he had to QB this team for 16 games this year, it's all moot because we will be drafting Trevor Lawrence.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Are you really questioning if there would be a dropoff from a starting QB who, at a minimum a solid NFL starter, to a 7th round draft pick?

I don't eliminate the possibility that DiNucci could be a surprise and do well in the NFL, but as things sit today it appears to be a pretty big long shot, and too unlikely to try and have a serious conversation about your question.

John813

Reaction score
DiNucci is at 1:100 odds at 1st team All-pro, SB MVP and Probowl MVP.

Also, he can turn water into Redbull with a single touch.

cern

Reaction score
later round picks sign first. standard operating procedure. too bad we can't get a look at him in preseason games.

conner01

Reaction score

You honestly think there wouldn’t be a big drop off?
It’s a fantasy to think the kid is close to being ready to play in the nfl and 31 teams agreed or they would have drafted him
I like the kid but he needs to be developed and this is gonna be a very bad off season for guys like him with so little chance to work with the team and fewer if any preseason games

conner01

Reaction score
Dak DiNucci 2020!
The shortened pre season really hurts guys like him
I like the kid but he needs reps and there are dozens of guys like him who are gonna be hurt by the way this off season is working out

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You honestly think there wouldn’t be a big drop off?
It’s a fantasy to think the kid is close to being ready to play in the nfl and 31 teams agreed or they would have drafted him
I like the kid but he needs to be developed and this is gonna be a very bad off season for guys like him with so little chance to work with the team and fewer if any preseason games
Many people said the same thing about Dak. Some people can handle the Ferrari when given the keys.