Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign CB Daryl Worley

Carson

Reaction score
Every year we sign these guys for camp fodder, and every year people have them making the team.

Worley will not make the team. Only way he does is due to injuries.
Ehhhhh I disagree.

He has started 49 games and has played CB and Safety. He is also only 25 years old.

Starting jobs aren’t knocking down his door. But he could have waited until camp when injuries pile up. There is a reason he signed here

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I think Awuzie struggled some with the kick-step technique that Richard asked our corners to play. Although Richard also believed in press man, he was a major proponent of the kick-step, where the corner takes an outside step toward the sideline when the ball is snapped, waits for the receiver to move vertically into their strike zone and jams the receiver.

Awuzie has the natural ability to jam and run with a receiver. I think the technique forced him to do it less naturally than it comes to him.

I don't believe in one-size-fits-all techniques. You learn what a player can do best to accomplish his job and you try to work with that within the system. Awuzie was better IMO before Richard came along.
Not to come at you, but yall gotta stop giving these players a pass..

Its not like Chido was getting toasted ala Byron Maxwell and Bradley Fletcher. He would be in position to make a play and just couldnt. And before you blame coaching, Byron didnt have this issue.

Watch the first 3:00 min of this video (its up until the part where he gets benched).

817Gill

Reaction score
Based on what?'

Awuzie was the best in run support of the Cowboys CBs in 2019.
People see a few instances of lackadaisical tackling and forget all else. Dudes always been a solid tackler and his frame allows him to really be effective as a run defender. One of his pros comin out of college.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not to come at you, but yall gotta stop giving these players a pass..

Its not like Chido was getting toasted ala Byron Maxwell and Bradley Fletcher. He would be in position to make a play and just couldnt. And before you blame coaching, Byron didnt have this issue.

Watch the first 3:00 min of this video (its up until the part where he gets benched).

Byron really took to the technique taught by Richard. It appeared to fit him to a T. There have been too many instances where a coach forced a player to play with a certain style that just didn't fit them for it to just be dismissed that the technique wasn't a big part of the problem, especially since Awuzie had played better before then, looking like he could be a budding star.

Now, there are various reasons that players fall off, so I don't think we should dismiss any possibilities, which is why I'm glad we strongly restocked the corner position this offseason. He won't be given a pass by this staff. It's either prove it or lose it, and that's the way it ought to be.

willia451

Reaction score
Pay no attention to those CBs behind the curtain.

Just look at those WRs.

Shiny. :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He got picked on last year because most stayed away from Byron.
Right.
You are probably right. Someone of these guys will rise up, especially with a new staff. I think the hate has gone too far on all of Cheeto, Lewis and Brown. Alot of what we are doing at CB is based on the fact both Cheeto and Lewis are in contract years. Not that it wasnt a position of need.
Not only that but it just came out that the corners were only allowed to use one technique in coverage. Set up to fail.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Awuzie struggled some with the kick-step technique that Richard asked our corners to play. Although Richard also believed in press man, he was a major proponent of the kick-step, where the corner takes an outside step toward the sideline when the ball is snapped, waits for the receiver to move vertically into their strike zone and jams the receiver.

Awuzie has the natural ability to jam and run with a receiver. I think the technique forced him to do it less naturally than it comes to him.

I don't believe in one-size-fits-all techniques. You learn what a player can do best to accomplish his job and you try to work with that within the system. Awuzie was better IMO before Richard came along.

It disturbs me that this coaching staff saw the corners struggling with that technique and just said screw it keep doing it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This guy was great for the Eagles.... for the whole 5 minutes we had him.

Stay off the drugs kids

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
People see a few instances of lackadaisical tackling and forget all else. Dudes always been a solid tackler and his frame allows him to really be effective as a run defender. One of his pros comin out of college.

Awuzie
9 missed tackles/11.3% missed tackle pct. (2018)
11 missed tackles/12.2% missed tackle pct. (2019)

Byron Jones
4 missed tackles/4.6% missed tackle pct. (2018)
1 missed tackle/2.1% missed tackles pct. (2019)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Very possible one or two players could be converted to Safety. It's also possible that Awuzie or Lewis could be moved, possibly as part of a package to acquire a Safety like Jamal Adams.

Hope not. Don't wanna see the Cowboys pay elite money for a SS who is immune to int's. Use that money elsewhere.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So many corners

Doesnt bode well for Chido imo

Diggs
Lewis
Brown
Robinson
Canady
Worley
Chido

We are only keeping 5 of these guys

Chido has no one to blame but himself. Read his scouting reports and look at how he has played. Especially last year. Guy is completely apathetic out there.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why do so many people hate Brown? An absolute steal of a 6th rounder. Perfect 3/4 CB on a team. At least he plays hard. Watch him vs Chido or Woods. 2 guys that show very little effort.