Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign CB Maurice Canady

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
PFF rated him really high for what he played - 73.4, looks like the Cowboys did as well.

Per PFF, Maurice Canady was targeted 41 times, allowing 26 catches for 244 yards and a 69.6 passer rating in 2019. He finished with 1 INT and 4 PBUs as well.

They had him as the 20th-ranked CB, above the likes of Chris Harris and Aqib Talib. Probably says more about PFF than those corners.

Adreme

Reaction score
He can play both corner and safety and played a decent amount of S last season. He is not a great corner but was an okay safety. He is not a great player or even a good one but certainly a good depth signing for most teams.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This guy has spent more time on IR than not. I see why he has been waived by two teams in only 4 seasons.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Oh I forgot we signed Lee and Jarwin
WR Amari Cooper
LB Sean Lee
CB Darian Thompson
L.P. Ladouceur
DT Gerald McCoy
TE Blake Jarwin
C Adam Redmond
CB Maurice Canaday
CB Anthony Brown
K Kai Forbath
QB Cooper Rush
OG Joe Looney

thanks Brainpaint

Kaiser

Reaction score
WR Amari Cooper
LB Sean Lee
CB Darian Thompson
L.P. Ladouceur
DT Gerald McCoy
TE Blake Jarwin
C Adam Redmond
CB Maurice Canaday
CB Anthony Brown
K Kai Forbath
QB Cooper Rush
OG Joe Looney

thanks Brainpaint

Yeah, but who have they signed in the last 30 minutes??? Huh???

Praxit

Reaction score
..this is Big Mike doing. I dont think they get green light without his say.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nolan Carroll was an overpaid mistake. Canady is 200K SB who can be cut at any time.

People make a big deal about Carroll but he only played in 2 games due to injury.

He was OK in game 1 then terrible in game 2; however, he was in and out due to a injury issue in game 2.

They cut him in part because he was injured and there was no point keeping a stop-gap player that is injured.

He was signed as a stop-gap when the had drafted 2 CBs. The value of a stop-gap in that situation was early in the season as the rookie get acclimated.

To me it was a good sign that they didn't just hand on to a guy because they had paid him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Whats so terribly wrong with adding depth at DB, and making our special teams better?
Not every signing has to be nor should be a pro bowl starter....
Get over the name recognition and start taking a closer look before becoming the keyboard scouting dept.