Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Cobb

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have no problem keeping him around for camp but if everyone comes out of camp healthy I’m cutting Hurns

That's likely to happen. Or Hurns takes a salary reduction. Or we trade him. I don't think he makes the season at his current price. His stats don't seem to justify it.

Although if you look closely, he really was much more effective after game 6, per target. If that efficiency could scale with increased targets, he'd be really good. He'd be fantastic.

Up to game 6 8/21 84
After game 6 12/14 211

When they first announced picking up his option, I didn't see how he was worth the price. Then I looked at the game 6 split.

Then I realized none of the price was guaranteed. So he's rights without responsibilities for a long time. Except, as you pointed out, for the cap hit while we wait to cut him.

Austin had stellar per touch stats too. We might have a really good WR corps.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
That's likely to happen. Or Hurns takes a salary reduction. Or we trade him. I don't think he makes the season at his current price. His stats don't seem to justify it.

Although if you look closely, he really was much more effective after game 6, per target. If that efficiency could scale with increased targets, he'd be really good. He'd be fantastic.

Up to game 6 8/21 84
After game 6 12/14 211

When they first announced picking up his option, I didn't see how he was worth the price. Then I looked at the game 6 split.

Then I realized none of the price was guaranteed. So he's rights without responsibilities for a long time. Except, as you pointed out, for the cap hit while we wait to cut him.

I think we have a good group there wasn’t a gameplan for them under Linehan that seemed beneficial.

conner01

Reaction score

Up to game 6 8/21 84
After game 6 12/14 211

I’m excited about our receivers
If we can keep a healthy oline and mix up run and pass more to actually gain some advantage we could be a good offense
I think with Witten and Cobb that will help our red zone problems too

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don`t agree with that, Cole has far better numbers the last 3 years while playing with a far worse QB (not a knock on Dak btw), I do believe we`ll miss Cole, seems to me he`s been heavily underappreciated here, but that`s just me.

Not exactly accurate. Over those 3 years Beasley has 173 more yards and 2 more TDs, but he also played in 10 more games. On a per game basis Cobb averaged 44.5 yards to Beasley's 38.7 yards, and 0.27 TD's to Beasley's 0.25.

The key is health. If Cobb stays healthy he should be at least as good, or better than Beasley, but if he isn't there will be a drop off at the slot position.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
2019............ACooper- Gallup- RCobb- AHurns- NBrown- TAustin

2018...........TWilliams- Gallup- Beasley- AHurns- NBrown- TAustin

Not as different as I imagined

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
2019............ACooper- Gallup- RCobb- AHurns- NBrown- TAustin

2018...........TWilliams- Gallup- Beasley- AHurns- NBrown- TAustin

Not as different as I imagined
Huge difference. In 2018 the #1 receiver couldn't even ride a scooter right!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
This was just last September,

IF he stays healthy it looks like we got a pretty good deal.

Coy

Reaction score
Not exactly accurate. Over those 3 years Beasley has 173 more yards and 2 more TDs, but he also played in 10 more games. On a per game basis Cobb averaged 44.5 yards to Beasley's 38.7 yards, and 0.27 TD's to Beasley's 0.25.

The key is health. If Cobb stays healthy he should be at least as good, or better than Beasley, but if he isn't there will be a drop off at the slot position.

As they say, “best ability is availability” plus, how would those numbers look with Cole catching passes from A Rod and Cobb from Dak.. as I said, I believe Cole will be missed much more than people think.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As they say, “best ability is availability” plus, how would those numbers look with Cole catching passes from A Rod and Cobb from Dak.. as I said, I believe Cole will be missed much more than people think.

While it’s true playing with Rodgers is a benefit for a receiver, you also have to remember that playing with guys like Devante Adams and Jordy Nelson can take opportunities away from a receiver. So we could also ask what would Beasley’s numbers look like if he was competing with those guys for targets.

To me it’s all about the health. If Cobb is healthy all year, the Cowboys haven’t lost anything with Cobb instead of Beasley, and may well have gained. If he’s not, the needle swings the other way.