Twitter: Cowboys sign DE Jason Vega

riverside4

Reaction score
66 tackles and 12 sacks in two seasons in the CFL not to bad. Anybody watch the Pats game he played in? I read he had a minor knee injury in that game and didn't come off the field wondering if he can practice.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
66 tackles and 12 sacks in two seasons in the CFL not to bad. Anybody watch the Pats game he played in? I read he had a minor knee injury in that game and didn't come off the field wondering if he can practice.

Don't know much about him but it seems he was caught in a numbers game and with the Pats desperately needing a TE they released Vega to open a roster spot for a TE

I know Marc Treshman was high on Vega and as he said while the CFL rules are different than the NFL playing in the box is the same for both leagues

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Seems odd to sign someone this late as it seems like DE is fairly locked down.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Churning the bottom of the roster. I expect that as more cuts are made that the Cowboys likely will pick up a player or 2

Staubacher

Reaction score
I believe he is Vincent's brother.

Lol. Actually in the Tarantino movie universe John Travolta's Pulp Fiction character Vince Vega and Michael Madsen's Kill Bill character were brothers, even though the movies never intersected. Tarantino even considered making a Vega Brothers movie with the two actors.

Today's fun fact...

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol. Actually in the Tarantino movie universe John Travolta's Pulp Fiction character Vince Vega and Michael Madsen's Kill Bill character were brothers, even though the movies never intersected. Tarantino even considered making a Vega Brothers movie with the two actors.

Today's fun fact...

Darn it! I was hoping that this fact would have been lost in this forum. Awesome Staubacker!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Really, Toby jackson got waived today?? injured?

Both Jackson and Chappelear were cut. Still need another DE body, which is exactly what this is. I just question why we signed someone who was just waived-injured by the Patriots less than ten days ago.

Tom Jones

Reaction score
Both Jackson and Chappelear were cut. Still need another DE body, which is exactly what this is. I just question why we signed someone who was just waived-injured by the Patriots less than ten days ago.

Chappelear was intriguing to me. If you watch the film on him, the guy's a beast.
Wonder how he got injured, there was no story about it that I saw.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score

Seems like they're still trying find someone to back up Spencer on the strong side, so they can keep Bass inside. Selvie and Wilbur are much better on the weak side. Not sure about Gibson and the others.

61? What happened to Thaddeus Gibson? Number change?

Yes. He changed to 53.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Vega
Height: 6035
Weight: 248
40 Yrd Dash: 4.69
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.69
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.06
3-Cone Drill: 7.07

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thaddeus Gibson
Height: 6020
Weight: 243
40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.53
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 32

Vertical Jump: 32
Broad Jump: 09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.27
3-Cone Drill: 6.84

George Selvie
Height: 6043
Weight: 252
40 Yrd Dash: 4.93
20 Yrd Dash: 2.78
10 Yrd Dash: 1.67
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.63
3-Cone Drill: 7.48

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Chappelear was intriguing to me. If you watch the film on him, the guy's a beast.
Wonder how he got injured, there was no story about it that I saw.

Chappelear injured himself in warmups on gameday. He was in a walking boot on Monday when he was released.