Twitter: Cowboys sign DE Jason Vega

Staubacher

Reaction score
Seems like they're still trying find someone to back up Spencer on the strong side, so they can keep Bass inside. Selvie and Wilbur are much better on the weak side. Not sure about Gibson and the others.

Yes. He changed to 53.

Does changing to #53 mean you make the 53? I think Gibson was giving Garrett a subtle hint ha

KDM256

Reaction score
Never heard of him, but hopes he makes an impact starting this weekend

Prossman

Reaction score
The Cowboys are not sitting still for anyone. Always shaking and baking. love it

revospeed

Reaction score
Lol. Actually in the Tarantino movie universe John Travolta's Pulp Fiction character Vince Vega and Michael Madsen's Kill Bill character were brothers, even though the movies never intersected. Tarantino even considered making a Vega Brothers movie with the two actors.

Today's fun fact...

Michael Madsen's character in Reservoir Dogs not Kill Bill, was Vincent Vega's brother.

Anyway, Cameron Wake proves it's not impossible for a CFL pass rusher to succeed in the NFL. Hopefully we can strike gold.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Michael Madsen's character in Reservoir Dogs not Kill Bill, was Vincent Vega's brother.

Anyway, Cameron Wake proves it's not impossible for a CFL pass rusher to succeed in the NFL. Hopefully we can strike gold.

You're correct thanks for setting the record straight. Getting my movies mixed up.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Don't know much about him but it seems he was caught in a numbers game and with the Pats desperately needing a TE they released Vega to open a roster spot for a TE

I know Marc Treshman was high on Vega and as he said while the CFL rules are different than the NFL playing in the box is the same for both leagues

Actually, it's harder to play D-line in the CFL than the NFL, because of dumb rules to help offenses score. But i guess that's debatable on who you ask really, since the talent in the NFL is soooooo much better than CFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Actually, it's harder to play D-line in the CFL than the NFL, because of dumb rules to help offenses score. But i guess that's debatable on who you ask really, since the talent in the NFL is soooooo much better than CFL.

I think talent overall in the NFL is better. I also think the CFL allows players to grow and develop but I seriously doubt you will find many CFL players who would not want a chance at the NFL.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
I think talent overall in the NFL is better. I also think the CFL allows players to grow and develop but I seriously doubt you will find many CFL players who would not want a chance at the NFL.

Oh i wasn't being sarcastic, NFL talent is miles ahead, but rules in the CFL allow offenses more time (the 1 yard between offensive and defensive lines is an example), so it's a bit tougher on the D-lines.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Lol. Actually in the Tarantino movie universe John Travolta's Pulp Fiction character Vince Vega and Michael Madsen's Kill Bill character were brothers, even though the movies never intersected. Tarantino even considered making a Vega Brothers movie with the two actors.

Today's fun fact...

Michael Madsen's character (Budd) was David Carradine character's (Bill) brother in Kill Bill. Their last name was Hanzo, it was etched on the sword.

JerryFan

Reaction score
[quote="4lifecowboy, post: 5149250, member: 66"Michael Madsen's character (Budd) was David Carradine character's (Bill) brother in Kill Bill. Their last name was Hanzo, it was etched on the sword.[/quote]

No Hanzo was the guy who made the sword. There is an entire chapter of the movie on it. Hatori Hanzo was the sword maker.

Fredd

Reaction score
more practice squad fodder...it can't hurt to look at these guys, that is what pre-season is all about

cowboys2233

Reaction score

Today's fun fact...

That is a fun fact! I had no idea, whoosh, right over my head.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score

Today's fun fact...

I thought Vince was related to Vic in reservoir dogs

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Today's fun fact...

I think his name was Victor Vega in Resovoir Dogs, aka Mr. Pink

TonyRomo09

Reaction score
I wish it would have been James Vega, that dudes a beast!
james-vega.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jason Vega
Height: 6035
Weight: 248
40 Yrd Dash: 4.69
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.69
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.06
3-Cone Drill: 7.07

Thaddeus Gibson
Height: 6020
Weight: 243
40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.53
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 32

Vertical Jump: 32
Broad Jump: 09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.27
3-Cone Drill: 6.84

George Selvie
Height: 6043
Weight: 252
40 Yrd Dash: 4.93
20 Yrd Dash: 2.78
10 Yrd Dash: 1.67
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.63
3-Cone Drill: 7.48

I knew there was a reason I liked Gibson. Saw that speed I think the game before. Games I haven't seen again yet.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I knew there was a reason I liked Gibson. Saw that speed I think the game before. Games I haven't seen again yet.

Yeah, Broaddus brought him up after the first practice. He really liked his burst off the ball.