Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign DT Reid

Rayman70

Reaction score
15-20 years of "working out safeties" and plugging them into the rotation has accomplished what? Your right, I don't understand.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Blimey! After reading about the chap, he does seem like a smart bloke. Get a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caraun_Reid

High school
Reid attended Mount Saint Michael Academy in The Bronx, New York. Named two-time team captain, he earned all-league honors twice and all-city and all-state honors as a senior. He was the winner of the school's Monsignor Matthew Peters student-athlete award, and was a member of the National Honor Society and the National Society of High School Scholars.

He was considered a two-star recruit by Rivals.com.[1]

College career
His academic excellence led him to Princeton University, where he played for the Tigers from 2009 to 2013. In 2009, recorded 34 tackles, most among all Princeton freshmen, and added 4.5 tackles for loss, four pass breakups and a sack. In 2010, Reid played in only one game before suffering a season-ending injury. In 2011, he earned first-team All-Ivy League honors after leading all Ivy League linemen with 68 tackles, including 29 solo stops. He led Princeton in tackles for loss (16), sacks (eight), pass breakups (three), quarterback hurries (three) and blocked kicks (three). In 2012, he earned third-team FCS All-American honors by the Associated Press, after recording 40 tackles, including 9.5 for losses, 5.5 sacks and three blocked kicks. He also earned unanimous first-team All-Ivy League honors on the defensive line. In 2013, he was named a finalist for the Ivy League Defensive Player of the Year honors.[2] He earned his third straight first-team All-Ivy League honor, only the fourth player in Princeton history to earn the honor three times. He recorded 26 tackles, including 11 for loss, 6.5 sacks, one interception and one blocked kick.

He really does came across as smart. Hopefully, Marinelli can use his intelligence to make him into a lethal DT.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I was happy for a sec......I thought it would be Eric reid.......

Reactions: CWR

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Well, Ash is hurt, so yeah, maybe he is an "upgrade". This was a body signing just like the two last week were.

Thing is though is their sense of urgency. Dick Ash goes down, boom, got a guy in there.

Woods and Showers go down. Well, we are working on some things. And stuff.

You spent all offseason lamenting the talent of the DTs. Now you are taking this position?

And the urgency is in practice. You don't want Heath or Price forced into having to take two-thirds the snaps because of a lack of bodies. Do you have an issue with that?

gmoney112

Reaction score
I actually liked this guy quite a bit coming out, for where he went in the draft, 5th round.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I love the reactions of good signing. Give me a break. Ash wasn’t making the team and neither is this scrap heap scrub of a replacement. They are not concerned with signing good players that could actually help.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that's an upgrade actually for the rotation.

Upgrade over Ash.

Reid can obviously contribute to an NFL team; otherwise, he would have been out of the NFL before now.

Ash is odd in that he was originally list at 333 pounds last year. This year they changed it to 320 but he looks even thinner. He looked like a DE and even played a few snaps ar DE. It just seem odd to have a 330 plus guy transition to an almost-DE type body.

I think they like their options for the 4 or 5 that will make the roster.

Maliek Collins - Good 3tech but forced to play 1tech last season.

Woods - Has impressed.

Price - Looks like a Marinelli 1tech. Appears to have lost a couple of pounds but gained a good bit of quickness.

Datone Jones - Solid veteran that played well once signed last season.

Jihad Ward - Seems like the ideal project for Marinelli.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow dude. Chill. Ash has never really done much...so theres THAT. Reid is still young and has the build we want in our rotation. SCHEME FIT. Don't hyperventilate.

That's Alexander. I don't know why he is so negative but that's just what he enjoys.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He'll get a lot of playing time before the 'Turk' pays a visit...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He was projected to 3tech as a draft prospect.
yea but he lacks explosion.
he's not a great run guy by any means either but he can hit hit an OC and occupy him which is what is asked of the cocked nose in Dallas.
it's an ugly position and DAL has been getting by with spare part players at the position for years.
he's a very intelligent guy that should appease Rod M with effort on his 1 down per series.

DAL worked him out last year but passed.