Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign DT Reid

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
36 tackles and three sacks across 40 career games for the Lions, Commanders, and Colts.

Gets two preseason games to try to win a backup spot. Could be a decent signing.

Like this signing...was a pet cat of mine during the draft.;)

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Eric Reid would be a perfect S for the Cowboys as he has work with Safeties Coach Greg Jackson and is way younger and less costly than Earl Thomas.

Agreed. Sad that he's basically been blacklisted by the league owners whether they want to admit it or not.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Notice the number of teams he's played for ..........lol

9672.jpg

Caraun Reid | Defensive Lineman | #54
Team: Dallas Cowboys
Age / DOB: (26) / 11/23/1991
Ht / Wt: 6'2' / 305
College: Princeton
Drafted: 2014 / Rd. 5 (158) / DET
Contract:

DAL.png

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

Cowboys signed DL Caraun Reid.
The 26-year-old was let go by Indianapolis on Saturday. He'll replace DL Richard Ash, who is headed to I.R. with a knee injury. A fourth-round pick out of Princeton (Jason Garrett's alma mater) in 2014, Reid has now been on six teams including three last year alone. Aug 20 - 5:56 PM

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So, for all those complaining, we signed a DT and a S. I bet you all feel dumb now.

And Reid was a guy that was a fan favorite on every mock done on fanspeak or on the clock. He was always our 6th round DT.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, for all those complaining, we signed a DT and a S. I bet you all feel dumb now.

And Reid was a guy that was a fan favorite on every mock done on fanspeak or on the clock. He was always our 6th round DT.

Cowboys!

Wait, he's on the DL.

Hot Boys!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pirinceton. Shocking.

It is not about what you can do but who you know. I am sure some old crusty Ivy League coach Garrett is familiar with sold him like he was the DT version of Todd Lowber.

And I believe this is not the first time they have worked him out or expressed interest. I guess they finally got their man.

The next Kony Ealy!
:thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
Well, Ash is hurt, so yeah, maybe he is an "upgrade". This was a body signing just like the two last week were.

Thing is though is their sense of urgency. Dick Ash goes down, boom, got a guy in there.

Woods and Showers go down. Well, we are working on some things. And stuff.

Well, maybe they are speaking with Seattle? I don't know. I'm spit balling here.

Verdict

Reaction score
Man this guy was pimped like Kony Ealy here several years ago. A name we have heard of. Sort of like Ealy.

CWR

Reaction score
Agreed. Sad that he's basically been blacklisted by the league owners whether they want to admit it or not.

Its gotten pretty ridiculous. I half way understood not wanting the circus with Kap. Because his talent or game play may not out weight the distraction.

But Reid is by all accounts a good young safety. Theres no argument to be made as to why he hasn't been signed. Or if there is Im certainly missing it?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Semi-Upgrades are good for rotation, its a win win...