Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign HaHa Clinton-Dix

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Good point, and 2 nfl teams let Robert Quinn walk through the doors. Good players never leave.

Not comparable but if you find solace in that so be it.

Quinn just signed a 5 year/$70M deal.

The Cowboys signed Dix to a one-year deal.

Apples-to-oranges.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think Ha Ha’s bouncing around has more to do with the position he plays.

Just look at how FA has been to safeties for years now. Only the elite get sizable contracts and long term deals.

Ha Ha isn’t great. But he is a solid starting level safety. Unfortunately For him. Solid starting level safeties don’t get jack squat on the open market in free agency, relative to a lot of other positions.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maxresdefault.jpg

817Gill

Reaction score

Apples-to-oranges.
So if Haha signs a big deal next offseason it is? The comparison was completely valid 2 weeks ago lol.

When we traded for Quin you had a segment of fans use this same excuse that it was his “3rd team in 3 years”, now his 4th in 4. Was he perfect? No. Was he still an impactful above league average starter? Heck yeah.

We need to get used to the new NFL. Guys are becoming mercenaries taking short deals to become FA’s a year or two later. Like Quin showed, it takes one splash season to get PAID in this league. If Haha finishes the season with 4-5 picks like he did in 2016, you don’t think people will be knocking at his door? Also, the Safety market is very wierd, only the elite guys get paid, the others gotta get in where they fit in.

All the analytics point to an above average S, the sole fact that he’s worn 3 jerseys means nothing lol. Suh’s been a mercenary his whole career, doesn’t mean he wasn’t impactful on all his teams

JBS

Reaction score

Apples-to-oranges.

I'm not arguing the other side on ha ha..but this post here makes absolutely no sense..you would compare quinns contract last year to ha has deal this year. Both one year deals

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm not arguing the other side on ha ha..but this post here makes absolutely no sense..you would compare quinns contract last year to ha has deal this year. Both one year deals

Technically Quinn was a trade. Not an unrestricted free agent.

I do think haha is a solid starting safety though. He is just affected by the fact that safeties typically have a weak free agent market. Unless they are an elite level safety.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I haven't seen him play in ages. I know he was excellent at one point. I hope he still has that. Btw, he has the stupidest name in the NFL. LOL.

morat1959

Reaction score
Unless, you know, you understand football.

Heath is well thought of in the league. HaHa is not.
Well thought of by the upcoming opponent to get him isolated as much as possible. I bet you thought he was great on STs, too.

erod

Reaction score
Well thought of by the upcoming opponent to get him isolated as much as possible. I bet you thought he was great on STs, too.
If you were paying attention, the best defense the Cowboys played last year was when Heath was healthy. When he didn't play, the Cowboys got lit up like a Christmas tree.

Romo made a living picking on Dix early, and that's continued since. He's easy pickings.

morat1959

Reaction score
If you were paying attention, the best defense the Cowboys played last year was when Heath was healthy. When he didn't play, the Cowboys got lit up like a Christmas tree.

Romo made a living picking on Dix early, and that's continued since. He's easy pickings.
I’m not defending Dix. I isolated on Heath a lot while he was here on ST and D. He wasn’t average on either. Worse hips of any safety I saw play all year. One cut by the receiver and 4-5 yards separation.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So if Haha signs a big deal next offseason it is? The comparison was completely valid 2 weeks ago lol.

When we traded for Quin you had a segment of fans use this same excuse that it was his “3rd team in 3 years”, now his 4th in 4. Was he perfect? No. Was he still an impactful above league average starter? Heck yeah.

We need to get used to the new NFL. Guys are becoming mercenaries taking short deals to become FA’s a year or two later. Like Quin showed, it takes one splash season to get PAID in this league. If Haha finishes the season with 4-5 picks like he did in 2016, you don’t think people will be knocking at his door? Also, the Safety market is very wierd, only the elite guys get paid, the others gotta get in where they fit in.

All the analytics point to an above average S, the sole fact that he’s worn 3 jerseys means nothing lol. Suh’s been a mercenary his whole career, doesn’t mean he wasn’t impactful on all his teams

You’re trying to make this apples-to-apples but it’s not.

Dix was 25 when the Packers decided to trade him. He’s been on three teams between being 26-27.

Suh was 30 when the Fins decided to release him for cap considerations after three seasons with the team. He also chose to sign with the Fins as a free agent.