Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign HaHa Clinton-Dix

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
that was written in 2018 when he was traded.
I know when it was written. He was complaining about things earlier in his career. When he got traded to the Commanders he was ranked the #2 safety in the league. That's why I said its a bit unfair to say he's not a "student of the game" or whatever his point was.

Reactions: CWR

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't know how to feel about this, someone tell me how to feel about it.

It’s an upgrade. Not a major upgrade. But an upgrade over Heath.

Doesn’t eliminate drafting a safety if there’s a good one available in the early rounds though.

Dre11

Reaction score
I know when it was written. He was complaining about things earlier in his career. When he got traded to the Commanders he was ranked the #2 safety in the league. That's why I said its a bit unfair to say he's not a "student of the game" or whatever his point was.

he was talking about 4 years of Dix , that #2 ranking was short lived
..lol

DCwarrior

Reaction score
EH... big name, average play. He maybe a slight upgrade upgrade over what we had. MM knows him tho so what can it hurt.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Look, I don’t mind the signing because it’s the classic placeholder the team has liked to do to when heading into the draft.

That said it’s laughable when fans opine “but he was the 19th rated safety in 2018 according to PFF...”

Guess what?

Three NFL teams in two years have thought so much about his play that they chose not to retain him.

That can’t be overstated.

CWR

Reaction score
Look, I don’t mind the signing because it’s the classic placeholder the team has liked to do to when heading into the draft.

That said it’s laughable when fans opine “but he was the 19th rated safety in 2018 according to PFF...”

Guess what?

Three NFL teams in two years have thought so much about his play that they chose not to retain him.

That can’t be overstated.

Good point, and 2 nfl teams let Robert Quinn walk through the doors. Good players never leave.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think fans generally don't really follow players very well and are prone to think that any move is a good one if they don't like a specific player. I think that by and large, the Cowboy Fan Base didn't really like Heath and because of that they see this move as an upgrade.

My youngest Daughter is a Bears fan so I've had some opportunity to watch them. Clinton Dix was not good in Chicago and there is definitely a reason Green Bay moved on as well.

I think the idea that paying more for something makes it better is completely false. Playing better and being more productive makes you a better player. Not what you get paid.

I didn't say it makes it better. Usually when you pay more for something it's because you consider it better. Most people don't buy a higher-priced vehicle because they think it's worse than the lower-priced one. Same when you are offering salaries to players.

Think Dallas could have kept Heath if it offered him 1 year at $4 million to counter the Raiders 2 years at $6 million? Dix cost more because he has accomplished more.

Is he better than Heath? I don't know. I'm willing to wait to find out. My post simply pointed out that Dix's $4 million for one year was higher than Heath's $3 million average.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I can’t get worked up on this signing. In all likelihood he will be a tad under league average starter. Maybe he can be bumped up to league average. Maybe. Typically guys who jump around several times over past seasons are nothing more than stopgap signings. He can certainly be upgraded in the draft if they decide to go that route. If not, the best expectation is an average starter. No idea if he can meet that.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Lol, no he's not. Heath is a much better player.

This guy was a first-round pick who Green Bat got rid of. Then a Washington, then Chicago, where he was not good.

He's a scrub.
Just wait. Time will tell. No way this guy isn’t an upgrade at Safety.