Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign HaHa Clinton-Dix

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No. It is not an assumption that 1 year, $4 million is better than 2 years, $6 million ($3 million per year). Usually, the higher-paid player in the same free agency class is considered the better player.

LOL..... Really? Where did you come up with that? I only ask because Todd Gurley is asking........

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
LOL..... Really? Where did you come up with that? I only ask because Todd Gurley is asking........

You think worse players generally make more than better players?

Now, it can turn out that way because you are paying them on expectations instead of returns. The returns might be worse but the expectations drive the value.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
You're way too emotional and bias to have me take your whining serious

Make sure to dip those pom Poms in the kool aid before you shake em nancy
You called Clinton-Dix “basically a linebacker.” Lol.

Running your mouth is easy, but watching football is hard.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You think worse players generally make more than better players?

Now, it can turn out that way because you are paying them on expectations instead of returns. The returns might be worse but the expectations drive the value.

I think fans generally don't really follow players very well and are prone to think that any move is a good one if they don't like a specific player. I think that by and large, the Cowboy Fan Base didn't really like Heath and because of that they see this move as an upgrade.

My youngest Daughter is a Bears fan so I've had some opportunity to watch them. Clinton Dix was not good in Chicago and there is definitely a reason Green Bay moved on as well.

I think the idea that paying more for something makes it better is completely false. Playing better and being more productive makes you a better player. Not what you get paid.

jnday

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a well-documented homer!
Guilty as charged!
:lmao:
Don’t put yourself in that category. You have always been critical and honest about the dumb moves and poor players on the team. At least with me you have always been honest and accepted reality.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Clinton-Dix playing against the New York Giants in 2018
On October 30, 2018, the Green Bay Packers traded Clinton-Dix to the Washington Commanders in exchange for a fourth round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.[53] Head coach Jay Gruden immediately named Clinton-Dix the starting free safety. He replaced Montae Nicholson and started alongside strong safety D. J. Swearinger.[54] In Week 11, he collected a season-high 13 combined tackles (11 solo) during a 23–21 loss against the Houston Texans.[55] Clinton-Dix started all 16 games in 2018 and finished the season with 93 combined tackles (80 solo), six pass deflections, three interceptions, two forced fumbles, and one sack.[35] He received an overall grade of 79.3 from Pro Football Focus in 2018, which ranked as the 14th highest grade among all qualifying safetie

Seem pretty solid to me .........
Yeah but that ranking is also factoring in his time with the Packers too right? He was highly ranked before getting there. In 2018 before getting to the Commanders Swearinger was ranked #1 and Ha Ha was #2. By seasons end Ha Ha went from #2 to #14.

jnday

Reaction score
I am skeptical of MM bringing in many of his former players, especially this type of player. Maybe it is just me, but Dallas has always seemed to have more talent than the GB teams with the exception of the QB position. Dallas lost games with GB due to coaching. I don’t want to see a clone of the GB teams and I hope that MM coaches more of a smash mouth style.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am skeptical of MM bringing in many of his former players, especially this type of player. Maybe it is just me, but Dallas has always seemed to have more talent than the GB teams with the exception of the QB position. Dallas lost games with GB due to coaching. I don’t want to see a clone of the GB teams and I hope that MM coaches more of a smash mouth style.
he just brought in the 1 former player so far in Dix. Thomas was already here...so... I'm not concerned yet.

Dre11

Reaction score
He’s almost a pure FS so yes the downhill more “SS” skills are his issues, he isn’t a perfect player. But I guarantee you those 2-4 plays X didn’t make get made. You can go into the draft and find a downhill type guy unless this coaching staff has a more interchangeable

we will see because he's not as physical as Woods and doesn't have great range, He may have an advantage in smarts, but that remains to be seen. But watching him here in Washington in 2018, he sucked .

he almost got benched

erod

Reaction score
How many teams has Robert Quinn played for in the last 6 years

Quinn had some injury concerns, which he proved he could deal with last year.

He just got $70 million (which is WAY too much for him).

By contrast, the Cowboys got Clinton-Dix for a virtual song. The Packers, Commanders, and Bears saw enough to say "bu-bye", and teams weren't calling.

kumizi

Reaction score
Meh

At $2.5 mil guaranteed, he's an insurance policy in case they don't get a Safety in the draft. Can't really complain at that price.

People really overrating him based on name recognition.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Meh

At $2.5 mil guaranteed, he's an insurance policy in case they don't get a Safety in the draft. Can't really complain at that price.

People really overrating him based on name recognition.
Nothing to overrate. He's a solid safety in this league. When you are realistic about the safety position in this league....you have elite options you have average option and you have bad ones. We've had a string of average to bad ones. Ha Ha is closer to average than he is elite no doubt. For the price its a solid get.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Agreed. He isn't 'the answer' but an upgrade over Heath is a step in the right direction.

Stephen is doing a great job. McCoy was a steal and Dix for $4M is a steal also.

Anxious to see what he can do for the DL. Hopefully another steal.

He'd be doing a great job if this was 2015.

It's 2020 though and he's dumpster diving as usual.