Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign K Mike Nugent

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The snapper and holder are both critical to any kicker’s success. There must be perfect consistency and timing. Our new kicker will be fine, and there will be no run on missed extra points.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Signing David Buehler would have been awesome. He had the strongest leg and was a factor in coverage, could even be used on ST.

His strong leg didn't lead to many touchbacks. That was the most disappointing thing with him, beyond the fact he was drafted.

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yuk! more stink from the garbage pile.

Yep....thought they'd go with Irwin-Hill but probably not enough skins on his wall. Damn, I've seen Nugent miss a LOT of kicks over the years. He's below average and then some IMO

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The lack of faith in Heath as a kicker is mind boggling. His squib kicks on kickoffs were awesome. SF didn't start a drive outside of the 20 but one time. Plus he's got a pretty decent leg. Get the guy a kicking shoe...and he just might have a better future as kicker than a safety.;)

lostar2009

Reaction score
A kicker that played on 4 prior teams. That is not good. Why we didnt sign the USA we had in TC?

LittleD

Reaction score
Yep....thought they'd go with Irwin-Hill but probably not enough skins on his wall. Damn, I've seen Nugent miss a LOT of kicks over the years. He's below average and then some IMO

His last stop he was horrible. I hope we don't have to kick many field goals for a few weeks.

Eddie

Reaction score
His last stop he was horrible. I hope we don't have to kick many field goals for a few weeks.

If it comes down to the game winning FG, it's our fault. Don't let it get so close.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yikes! When your new kicker is put on a gag cartoon of "Peanuts," that's when you know you're pushing your luck. :D . . . to be fair, it's what you get when your starter gets hurt mid-season. Se la vie!

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
If it comes down to the game winning FG, it's our fault. Don't let it get so close.

Well we've had lots of 4th quarter last minute kicks in the last few years and we won more than our share. Looks like we'll be
regressing to the mean for awhile.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I like Heath to continue kicking off. His knuckle balls, as long as they stay in bounds, seem to rattle the returners and he can be the best kicking tackler ever.
He was unblocked and should’ve had that dude inside the 10.

I know this wouldn’t happen except from and outside the box coach like Belicheck.