Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Kicker Tristan Vizcaino

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Let’s be real.

Maher was an inconsistent kicker his entire career until he got hot last season.
you dont get hot for a whole 17 game season.
Maher was one of the best last year and a record setting long fg.
On the game where he missed the xtra pts, the ball holder had the ball at a angle, it wasnt straight up.
A bad hold can cause a bad kick.
I would keep him. Tell him to forget about the bad game.
But wouldnt hurt to find another kicker to bring in if maher starts missing kicks again.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
To be fair. It was the worst game I’ve ever seen from a kicker and it was in the playoffs.
take a look at the holds, ball was at angle on 2-3 of them.and it didnt affect the game. it was 4 points lol.
If qb throws a pick six in playoffs do you cut him? that is 6 points.
everyone has a bad game occasionally.

kicks have 3 steps, the snap, the hold, the kick. The 1st 2 can affect the kick, but everyone ignores that.

Carson

Reaction score
you dont get hot for a whole 17 game season.
Maher was one of the best last year and a record setting long fg.
On the game where he missed the xtra pts, the ball holder had the ball at a angle, it wasnt straight up.
A bad hold can cause a bad kick.
I would keep him. Tell him to forget about the bad game.
But wouldnt hurt to find another kicker to bring in if maher starts missing kicks again.
He’s a career 81% kicker with a monster leg. This isn’t like losing prime Dan Bailey to me.

The main problem with Dallas, is they don’t bring in legit competition. They bring in guys like Jonathan Garibay, Tristan Vizcaino, Liram Hajrullahu and expect to find the next Adam Vinatieri.

HungryLion

Reaction score
take a look at the holds, ball was at angle on 2-3 of them.and it didnt affect the game. it was 4 points lol.
If qb throws a pick six in playoffs do you cut him? that is 6 points.
everyone has a bad game occasionally.

kicks have 3 steps, the snap, the hold, the kick. The 1st 2 can affect the kick, but everyone ignores that.

I’m just saying it was horrible. There’s nothing wrong with bringing in competition for Maher.

That being said if he has a good training camp and the cowboys keep him again. I’m ok with that too.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
What happened to the savior from TT we signed after the draft last year? Did he hook on with another team?

They should bring him in and let him train all off season.