Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Kicker Tristan Vizcaino

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Let’s be real.

Maher was an inconsistent kicker his entire career until he got hot last season.
Actually, he was a pretty consistent kicker the previous year when he played for New Orleans. The trouble he had at the end of the season was a throwback to who he was prior to his time with NO and this past regular season with us.

He said one of the reasons that he kicked well in NO is because he learned to focus and keep out the distractions, so it seems like he may just struggle with distractions. I don't know if the league deciding to enforce the marker rule was a distraction or playing on grass or what. But we do need to find out and prepare for him staying distracted.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What happened to the savior from TT we signed after the draft last year? Did he hook on with another team?

They should bring him in and let him train all off season.
I wouldn't be opposed to it. I thought Garibay was a good pickup, but he bombed it. He's a kicker, though, and they change with the wind.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
As soon as the league said "no more markers" on the field, Maher went to crap.

Now obviously correlation does not automatically imply causation, but the timing of the league crack down on markers and Maher struggling coincide surprisingly well.

Carson

Reaction score
What happened to the savior from TT we signed after the draft last year? Did he hook on with another team?

They should bring him in and let him train all off season.
He was absolutely horrible. So bad he didn’t get a tryout with another team

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He's worse than Maher..... good job Jerry.... shaping up like a normal Jerry off season.

Shane612

Reaction score
I doubt he's an improvement over Maher, as his stats don't seem to be any better and maybe worse. Yet, he'll get a chance to prove otherwise.
Geezzz... the guy has one bad game, and he's being threatened with a replacement....
:laugh:

jrumann59

Reaction score
He’s a career 81% kicker with a monster leg. This isn’t like losing prime Dan Bailey to me.

The main problem with Dallas, is they don’t bring in legit competition. They bring in guys like Jonathan Garibay, Tristan Vizcaino, Liram Hajrullahu and expect to find the next Adam Vinatieri.
Like who? I mean good kickers stay with their teams, besides bringing in UDFA, street FA, are you saying draft a kid, most drafted kickers take a couple of seasons to season and usually get it by their 3rd or 4th team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Both should work really cheap we have one for EP and one for 50+. Lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Geezzz... the guy has one bad game, and he's being threatened with a replacement....
:laugh:
It never hurts to have competition in any area that causes concern. Let's hope we'll resolve other issues with competition also.

Carson

Reaction score
Like who? I mean good kickers stay with their teams, besides bringing in UDFA, street FA, are you saying draft a kid, most drafted kickers take a couple of seasons to season and usually get it by their 3rd or 4th team.
Absolutely you draft one. Team has been rolling in comp picks for years. If you can get a Cade York or Evan McPherson you do it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Absolutely you draft one. Team has been rolling in comp picks for years. If you can get a Cade York or Evan McPherson you do it.
So they spent draft capital on guys, one is 84% on FG and the other is 75% on FG, I am sure they will get better but sort of proves my point drafting vs UDFA and vet FA you end up with pretty much the same thing the only difference now is you hang on to a struggling drafted kicker a little longer because you spent draft capital.

blueblood70

Reaction score
you dont get hot for a whole 17 game season.
Maher was one of the best last year and a record setting long fg.
On the game where he missed the xtra pts, the ball holder had the ball at a angle, it wasnt straight up.
A bad hold can cause a bad kick.
I would keep him. Tell him to forget about the bad game.
But wouldnt hurt to find another kicker to bring in if maher starts missing kicks again.
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
its camp comp body folks and those mocking Maher he was a top 5 kicker ALL last year and was what at 90% in spot duty for the saints the year before hardly a got hot but suck situation. IMHO should have bene retained, brought back, and let compete form the job this season.

Einstein

Reaction score
This is the guy Maher BEAT OUT... I'd rather old Bullock than this guy