Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Kony Ealy

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Tapper needs to stay on the field. He can't stay healthy and we all should be concerned that could be the case with Irving if he gets another concussion and Collins with foot injuries in both years.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Good signing. Don't look now but the Cowboys have made some solid money moves this off-season.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Was it kony ealy or Dominique easley that had the serious knee injuries coming out of college???? I always get those two mixed up because of the similar last name.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bowman would make me comfortable. But he may demand more money and responsibility than we're willing to give him. Especially if we draft a LB in the 1st.
not if hes still there after the draft these guy will make concessions for sure..besides waiting until after we see who we get in the draft before we go after Bowman, Reid, or others..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Report: Cowboys sign defensive end Kony Ealy

The Cowboys have added another defensive end to their rotation for next season

6_3791444.jpg

(Photo: USA TODAY Sports)

Kony Ealy has been a target of the Dallas Cowboys for quite some team. When he was released by the New England Patriots last preseason, the Cowboys submitted a waiver claim on the defensive end. They lost that claim to the New York Jets, who got a year of quality play out of Ealy in 2017. But in free agency, the Cowboys didn't mess up their second chance to acquire the pass-rusher. According to Mike Garofolo of NFL Network, Ealy has agreed to sign with the Cowboys. The move is the latest in a flurry of later free agency signings for a Cowboys team that had very little cap space to open the offseason with. After sitting out the initial wave of free agency, they have added several impact players like Allen Hurns, Cameron Fleming, and now, a new pass-rusher to join their deep and talented group up front.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...igns-with-Dallas-Cowboys-per-report-116950627
+1

blueblood70

Reaction score
1 Demarcus Lawrence
2 David Irving
3 Taco Charlton
4 Maliek Collins
5 Tyrone Crawford
6 Kony Ealy
7 Brian Price
8 Charles Tapper
9 Datone Jones
10 Richard Ash
11 Lewis Neal
i doubt gregorys being left off if he makes it to game one on the roster with no new suspensions.. will be Datone jones or someone before jerrys project is cut....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He’s way , too small for a DT. No way he’s a 3 technique. He’s done absolutely nothing move on.

He may well be too small but my guess is he's able to carry 280-290 and still be quick with that first step. I do agree he's got a big uphill battle. I'm hoping he makes it thru waivers and goes to the PS.

I see:

Lawrence off DE*
Gregory edge rusher/5 spot duty but significant snaps as the year goes on
Taco* DE
Ealy DE
Irving* 3/1DT backup DE
Crawford* 1/3 DT backup DE
Collins 3DT
(Price et al DT)
Draft DT preferably 3DT

* starter

That's:

9 DL
5 CB
5 S
6 LB
____

That should be close as a place to start.