Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign new linebacker Justin March-Lillard

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sorry, I disagree with you here. The majority of these guys are defensive ends, not tackles. There are two on that list right now, Collins and Price.

The rest I see as bandaid fill-ins without a true home. Is Crawford a DE or DT this week? What about Daving Irving?

I see some jack-of-all-trades, master of none types. I'm not comfortable with that.

That's fair although in this D these are the players you get.

They are going to shoot the gaps or shoot and hold for the most part. Everyone games and these are players for that.

What's missing is the 2 gap technique players and teams generally have one guy for that. We don't have a role for a two gap really. Paea was the closest guy to filling that role followed by Collins. I don't know enough about Price but I see him playing two gap some. Ash has the body type but I have no idea if he has the technique or motor for that.

You're asking for players that fit one scheme to play another and that's problematic for the scheme and players.

If you're the GM and you're that unhappy with the scheme then you change the coach or give him players that fit that scheme and tell him to coach it if he can. I think Marinelli can coach a Seattle type defense and he's said he'd like to. You have to have the DTs for that scheme and we don't.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
That would be my first choice as well.....give the young guys a shot first.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
lol lets hope he is better then Jaylon or Jaylon takes the bye week to reevaluate his play and the way he should be playing. Jaylon to me is a weakside linebacker. Maybe they make the switch over the bye. He can back up Lee and play when lee gets injured.

John813

Reaction score
Another pointless signing. He won't be around long.

We'll see, but I rather of cut Bene(kept the pick) and then maybe traded for a LB with that pick we would of given up.
Bene didn't do much for the Dolphins last year(they cut him after getting him in waivers), even with their poor play from Maxwell and others.

haleyrules

Reaction score
We'll see, but I rather of cut Bene(kept the pick) and then maybe traded for a LB with that pick we would of given up.
Bene didn't do much for the Dolphins last year(they cut him after getting him in waivers), even with their poor play from Maxwell and others.
Maybe so. I have never even heard of this guy. I suppose there isn't much around at this point in the season.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
It's called panning for gold. And we aren't very good @ it. The Todd Hoffman of the NFL. :rolleyes:
Todd_Hoffman_thumb_guns.jpg

Carson

Reaction score
Maybe so. I have never even heard of this guy. I suppose there isn't much around at this point in the season.

Gerald Hodges was just signed. Has 30+ starts, 200+ tackles and 3 career picks.

People are out there that can play.

John813

Reaction score
March-Lillard is only a second-year pro, but he’s a smart player with really good instincts. He sees plays happening quickly — he’s got good eyes for the position — and has consistently displayed a knack for the big play in the practices I got to watch, though that trait didn’t really shine through in the five starts he made this year before he went on injured reserve because of a broken bone in his hand.

March-Lillard also struggled some with his gap fits before his injury, but I think part of that had to do with the fact he was playing “mike” linebacker, the position next to Johnson’s, instead of “will” linebacker, the position where he shined in preseason practices for the last two years. The “will” — or weak-side — inside linebacker in the Chiefs’ 3-4 scheme is allowed to run a chase a little more than the “mike,” who has to call out plays, take on blocks and help keep the “will” clean.

At 6 feet and about 240 pounds, March-Lillard fits the profile of a weakside inside ’backer better and, in my opinion, could have the eyes and athleticism to give the Chiefs at least some of what Johnson did, which will be necessary if they want to make a Super Bowl run.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article122341474.html