Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign NT Anthony Rush from Eagles

ESisback

Reaction score
Can’t win. If we sign no one, gripes. Sign a “nobody”, gripes. People gripe about Ridgeway, but if he were still here, many of the same people would gripe that he sucks, and we shoulda got so-and-so. If we lose in the playoffs, the complaints are “validated”, but the truth usually is a collection of small variables that contributes to losses.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Cowboys are now the 6th team Anthony Rush will be on since going undrafted but signed by the Eagles back in 2019. Not good.

Here is a video from 3 years ago whose YouTube video creator now does video on the Cowboys on YouTube. This guy really props Anthony Rush up, but history of going from team to team 5 different times says differently. If you care to see it, here it is. Take it with a grain of salt...

It's upsetting how the Cowboys used a 5th round pick on 6'5", 330 lb John Ridgeway, only to cut him after Week 1 and see him picked up for free by the Washington Commanders, one of our division rivals who has been using Ridgeway part-time to alternate and give a breather to their big and very good starting DTs Daron Payne and Jonathan Allen. Cowboys and Dan Quinn seriously messed up cutting such a young, big and aggressive DT with upside who is contributing as a rotational backup rookie for the Commanders. Instead, now that we are in dire straits with needing another big DT, we have to settle for a true JAG who has been cut by 5 different teams before now being picked up out of severe desperation by the dumb Cowboys. SMH
:facepalm:

You really can’t say it was a mistake letting Ridgeway go because you have no idea how he was in the locker room. Having team chemistry is a huge part of winning a Super Bowl. Now I don’t know if it wasn’t a mistake for the same reasons.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You really can’t say it was a mistake letting Ridgeway go because you have no idea how he was in the locker room. Having team chemistry is a huge part of winning a Super Bowl. Now I don’t know if it wasn’t a mistake for the same reasons.
That's ridiculous. No one has heard anything negative about Ridgeway. If he was disruptive in a team's locker room, one would have heard about it by now since he's been with two separate teams.

Proof

Reaction score
Ridgeway would have been in Dallas through 2025 and is healthy whereas Hankins is out the rest of the season and is gone after this season.....so because Dallas was arrogant and refused to put Dak on a 4-week IR they cut Ridgeway and cost themselves a young DT that could grow with the team.

Ridgeway sucks. It is what it is. They could have could have cut several players and chose him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. No one has heard anything negative about Ridgeway. If he was disruptive in a team's locker room, one would have heard about it by now since he's been with two separate teams.
Just because you haven’t heard anything doesn’t me it’s not the case. And I’m not saying he is a locker room issue. I just used that as proof you don’t know what you’re talking about saying letting Ridgeway go was a mistake.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just because you haven’t heard anything doesn’t me it’s not the case. And I’m not saying he is a locker room issue. I just used that as proof you don’t know what you’re talking about saying letting Ridgeway go was a mistake.
The proof is in the pudding. It proves I do know what I'm talking about, unlike you making up bunk to excuse your coach simply because your feelings get hurt. Grow a spine, dude.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The proof is in the pudding. It proves I do know what I'm talking about, unlike you making up bunk to excuse your coach simply because your feelings get hurt. Grow a spine, dude.
No need for childish insults. We as fans don’t have all the info about why a player was let go. It’s just your opinion without knowing all the facts. Very presumptuous and naive.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
I know a woman who gets $1500 in EBT cards and sells them of at 1/2 price and believe me, she's pushing a solid 350 and has a small beard coming in
OMG, you're hurting me, if not all of us!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No need for childish insults. We as fans don’t have all the info about why a player was let go. It’s just your opinion without knowing all the facts. Very presumptuous and naive.
No, duh. Yet, you refuse to look at common sense, don't you? Anything to excuse any ridicule of our coaches. Common sense: you keep your beef that you direly need inside at DT, especially when you just finished using a costly 5th round pick to draft him this year. Absolutely ludicrous and downright dumb to have cut him, and now we are seriously regretting that move and paying the price. You simply don't like posters like me calling our coaches and front office out when they drop the ball.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are now the 6th team Anthony Rush will be on since going undrafted but signed by the Eagles back in 2019. Not good.

Here is a video from 3 years ago whose YouTube video creator now does video on the Cowboys on YouTube. This guy really props Anthony Rush up, but history of going from team to team 5 different times says differently. If you care to see it, here it is. Take it with a grain of salt...

It's upsetting how the Cowboys used a 5th round pick on 6'5", 330 lb John Ridgeway, only to cut him after Week 1 and see him picked up for free by the Washington Commanders, one of our division rivals who has been using Ridgeway part-time to alternate and give a breather to their big and very good starting DTs Daron Payne and Jonathan Allen. Cowboys and Dan Quinn seriously messed up cutting such a young, big and aggressive DT with upside who is contributing as a rotational backup rookie for the Commanders. Instead, now that we are in dire straits with needing another big DT, we have to settle for a true JAG who has been cut by 5 different teams before now being picked up out of severe desperation by the dumb Cowboys. SMH

Bad move by Cowboys. Ridgeway looked like a keeper.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles thought so much of this dude that they signed two guys off their couches mid-season. I'm tempering expectations.

Maybe the Eagles had a brain fart and we capitalize. :muttley:

Well one can hope, it is the time of the season for it. :laugh:

Miracle at the Death Star. :D

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: You don't sign a career practice squad player to get good info on a team. That's what watching film is for.

Right.
They already know everything that they need to come up with a game plan with changes than the usual plan.
Maybe a player knows a little bit, but not enough to make that huge of a difference.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ridgeway showed little sign of being what we needed. Stop lamenting the loss of him, or at least stop talking like they let go of someone who was so obviously a great talent

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I know this guy because he's from the Raleigh area.

Huge dude, not a ton of game experience but has played some for the Eagles and Falcons. If signing him moves the needle only an inch for us in that Eagles game, I'd say it's worth it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ridgeway got pushed around by Josh Ball in camp...

Maybe he is playing ok in DC but based on what he showed in camp it's not a big surprise that they were comfortable with the chance of losing him.

It is easier to perform when playing next to either Payne or Allen..

terra

Reaction score
All we really need is a big trashcan full of dirt to anchor the middle and keep teams from running up the gut.
I know everyone wants a great player at every position but if he can just clog up the middle on running plays that is enough