Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign OL J. Looney to two year deal

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
So we got O-line covered. Probably won't do anything about RB. Not sure if we'll address TE this year. Could see us getting a WR. We'll see about QB. Defense still needs a lot of addressing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good move. A guy that can play guard or center and replace Bernadeau. Now I hope they land Jason Jones....

We need one. I'll like the deal if it's reasonable. I believe I mocked Looney to the Cowboys right before that draft. Underrated player I thought but he hasn't really excelled in the league to this point.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ap_921217845133.jpg

Cowboys Add Offensive Line Depth By Signing Veteran OG/C Joe Looney
Tuesday, March 29, 2016 4:32 PM CDT
helmanthumb_051413_60x60.jpg

By David Helman DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer @HelmanDC

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys secured some additional depth for their offensive line on Tuesday by signing veteran Joe Looney.

The terms of the deal are currently unknown, but Looney has signed on to a two-year deal to give the Cowboys a veteran presence on the interior offensive line. The signing offsets the loss of Mackenzy Bernadeau, who signed a free agent contract with Jacksonville after playing a similar role in Dallas for the past few seasons.

Looney has appeared in 27 career games at both guard positions and center. He started six games at guard for the Tennessee Titans last year. The 25-year-old Florida native was a fourth-round pick by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2012 NFL Draft.

The decision to sign Looney follows a similar pattern for the Cowboys during the past three weeks of free agency. Bernadeau’s departure left them with a sizable hole on the offensive line, as they had no depth for starting center Travis Frederick.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...ive-line-depth-signing-veteran-ogc-joe-looney

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So Leary and Looney are the backups inside. Brown and Green at OT. Still have Martin and Collins who can kick outside in case of emergency. Unless Free is a surprise cut, we probably won't see an OL drafted until very late. Perhaps they take a flier on an OG late.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Huge hole filled we have arguably neglected the last few with no true backup C. We still need a swing tackle although the FO may feel that's taken care of already.

Would like a young fast RB with some size and wiggle. Not asking for much I realize esp since it needs to come from the later rounds but....