Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign OL J. Looney to two year deal

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are most likely correct. However, if somehow, someway Laremy Tunsil drops to the #4 pick, that would be awfully hard to pass up.
I know Dallas needs help in many areas and not offensive line. I believe Tunsil is different though.
If he is the #1 guy on your board, then grab him!

If the top two quarterbacks are gone and Tunsil is still there? Oh yeah! Sign me up! Build an impenetrable wall for Romo and whoever they end up acquiring for the future.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
You are most likely correct. However, if somehow, someway Laremy Tunsil drops to the #4 pick, that would be awfully hard to pass up.
I know Dallas needs help in many areas and not offensive line. I believe Tunsil is different though.
If he is the #1 guy on your board, then grab him!

If Tunsil falls, I take him and don't think twice about it. None of the defensive prospects really excite me. I think you can get similar players later in the 1st/2nd round. Tunsil and Wentz are the only prospects i feel really good about taking with that #4 pick. The difference b/t the 2 is i'm still not sure the Cowboys pull the trigger on a QB with that pick. But we wont know that until draft day.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the top two quarterbacks are gone and Tunsil is still there? Oh yeah! Sign me up! Build an impenetrable wall for Romo and whoever they end up acquiring for the future.

as much as i've hyped on the OL this is borderline overkill.

and i'd giggle all the way knowing we're set for a long long time at a crucial place and just ride the train and hope the rest of the pieces catch up.

at least we're not the browns.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
That's a pretty naive way to look at it. Money doesn't matter in free agent signings? Just whether the guy can play?

You do realize there's such a thing as a salary cap right?

I'll never be on one of these guys who just belches out good move simply because I read Cowboys sign. Tell me the deal. Then I'll give you my opinion on the deal. Seems fair.
No, but you obviously are using unnecessary sarcasm to make a point that will obviously not be the case. The contract will obviously be reasonable considering what we are not paying this off-season.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't disagree with that. But let's say we don't take a QB with the No. 4 pick and then one of the top two go off the board. Might we be willing to deal a luxury player to help us trade up and acquire Lynch? ... I know I'd be more willing to give up a backup guard than extra draft picks simply because we've got depth there.

I get your thinking but if last year showed us anything it's was that you need a viable backup for your starters
For the right price the risk is worth it and moving back up to the first rnd would certainly be significant

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see a 6th rounder, because they would stand a fighting chance of getting the guy to the practice squad... 4th rounder? No.

As long as he has an actual chance, not like last year when the selected Gibson, when they could have selected Swaim, and saved trading away that pick. And could have got Gibson as an UDFA.
Yes, that still irks me.....LOL.....if others harp on a draft 7 years ago, I can harp on that, because it's legit....LOL...

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've search the Posts but seem to be missing the contract numbers ?

I keep refreshing and checking sources, but nothing. Maybe this is a case like that CB Robinson where he was allegedly "signed" (probably an Ian Crapoport announcement), but then slithered to another suitor?.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That'd be a good deal. Something tells me that it might be closer to $2M per year, though. I just hope he can be a decent back-up center. I cringe when I think about our center situation with Cook/Costa that one year. It was horri-ugly.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Scouting Report: Looney Excels More At Guard, But Can Also Play Center

Bryan Broaddus
Report: Looney is a similar type of player in what they had in Mackenzy Bernadeau, given his athletic ability and position flexibility. He has lined up at center and guard during his NFL career. Belly-to-belly blocker that likes to get tight to his man in order to control him.

Bottom line: this is a limited athlete that plays with power and smarts. I liked him better as a guard than center but the fact that he can do both helps this team’s situation.

dantheman41

Reaction score
Not opposed to this.. Young, strong guy who has chance to get better for a very cheap contract. Worst case scenario we cut him after camp, take a tiny cap hit. Best case scenario he gives us solid depth

deanr

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far, I think this team likes Henry, don't be surprised to see him as the pick at 34. RB not TE by the way.

I agree I think Henry in the second round would be a great pick up, at 250 pounds he is a monster and would be great,, think of Jacobs and the problems he caused the cowboys defence