Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign P Chris Jones To Four-Year Extension

lkelly

Reaction score
I remember when some fans here wanted to cut him because he wasn't Mat McBriar immediately when he stepped into the role. Is that nonsense still around?

Someone, other than immediate family, actually expressed a strong opinion regarding a punter? I thought that died out with Al Davis.

robjay04

Reaction score
Hopefully we see another fake.

Dude has wheels lol.

I was so disgusted, I flipped the channel after we failed to get a third down conversion...pleasant surprise when I flipped back two minutes later though.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I remember when some fans here wanted to cut him because he wasn't Mat McBriar immediately when he stepped into the role. Is that nonsense still around?
Admittedly, I was one of those guys. Over the last couple years, I've truly begun to appreciate Chris. I couldn't be more happy that we re-signed him. He's a fine wine, seemingly getting better with each passing season.

Oh, and the dude has proven he can hit! What's not to like?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The real reason he got extended.

americaspunter.0.gif

Carson

Reaction score
We've some solid special team guys. Bailey, Jones and LP.

Wish our return game was as strong

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just remember the fake punt last year when we played Philly, and a clip from Inside The NFL, it had 2 Eagles with backs turned against the field. Talking like they had the game in hand. Then in the background, Chris jones was running by for a 1st down, and the comeback was on.
The 2 players then realized what happened, and the look was priceless, and one said...well, can't type it...but it was hilarious. I am sure that clip is out there somewhere.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was one of those people!! haha. But he has definitely gained my appreciation through the years. As a punter and as the holder on the FG unit. He's a valuable asset.