Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign P Hunter Niswander to Practice Squad

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Odd. Everyone here knew Jones sucked and needed replaced. Yet the geniuses in the front office didn’t. Off indeed

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So let me get this right...after watching tape of our last 11 seasons in the NFL, our punter is the problem?

plasticman

Reaction score
Going forward, it's obvious that punting is going to be a major part of this offense. Therefore, it makes sense to sign another and put two on the active roster each week. By rotating them, the punters will stay fresh thus increasing their performance. The only issue is whether each punter can put their ego on the shelf for the sake of the team. I don't expect them to like each other but I do expect them to be professional about it.

Of course, there is also the possibility of fracturing the locker room should players decide to take sides on the issue, that's something the coaches should look out for.

This is a very progressive move by the Jones's. As I was watching the last two games what stuck out to me more than anything else was the punter's fatigue by the end of the 3rd quarter. I wondered whether he had the stamina to last the whole game. Cowboy management has proven they have knack for prioritizing issues and meeting them head on!

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't know why people are being negative about the signing just because it's the punter position instead of "more important" positions. You've gotta be churning and searching at all positions.

For all we know, this could be a repeat of when we signed McBriar to our practice squad in late 2003, and it proved to be a good addition as he took the punter position the next year and he held down the position for the 8 years (with averages that were routinely much better than the guy he replaced). If you remember, 2003 was the first Parcells season where we were winning mostly on the strength of possession and defense... yet our punter was a real weak link. Toby Gowin was averaging fewer than 40 yards per punt for the first time in his career, and we were bleeding field position every time he punted. We'd have actually been better off cutting him and switching to McBriar immediately instead of waiting for the next year. Still have zero idea why we gave Toby Gowin such a long leash in 2003.

I would agree if we weren't talking about a clueless Cowboys front office. The day after a historical embarrassment this is your first move? lol It's hilarious coming from the Joneses. It's actual churning when other teams do it. But no other team looks this pitiful.

Carson

Reaction score
So let me get this right...after watching tape of our last 11 seasons in the NFL, our punter is the problem?

Ehhh Jones has been statistically one of the worst punters in the NFL 2-3 years in a row.

Small moves but helpful

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
P4010.gif