Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

Carson

Reaction score
3zufhv.jpg

This post is Whitten and Irving approved!

817Gill

Reaction score
Well, as much as I've enjoyed all the DiNucci stuff and hope he turns out to be a find, he could easily end up being our next Mike White.

Quarterback is one of the hardest positions to project on this level.
Yeah I hear ya, White was brutal man. So hard to watch him look visibly overwhelmed each and every snap of his NFL career. Thought that arm could really become something.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The more I think about it I believe Rush will be released soon so he can go to camp with another team. You have what's his face, Dalton, DiNucci and Thorson. Why take 5 to camp? Rush has no route to the backup gig and you're not going to carry him as the 3rd QB. Too much money.

Could just cut Thorson, but I agree. If Rush isn't going to be in line for the backup job, then at this point in his career he needs to be released because he's no longer a developmental prospect.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
Dak is better than Dalton and I know Dalton is just here as a backup.

But that said...

I would have to seriously think about which is better: Dak with the team as is or Dalton + $32 million more to spend on some combo of Clowney, Everson Griffin, Logan Ryan, Jamal Adams, etc.
Excellent point!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Welp. Dak vs. Dalton will be a sight to see at the end of the season. I can see it now. This has the Eagles Super Bowl written all over it. Dak gets injured and Dalton leads us to a Super Bowl win...

I want Dak over Dalton, but at a reasonable price. Some people are ready to send the cowboys into bankruptcy because they have some kind of infatuation. As for Eagles well wentz is more likely to get injured than dak,

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oneof the best back-ups the league
Plus, though I fully expect Dak to get signed, its legit insurance if by some wild reason he decides not to sign the Tag.

Prossman

Reaction score
Im a pay Dak guy but I dont want the season put on hold either.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Some folks are whining that Jerry paid Dalton before Dak... NO. Jerry signed a high-quality backup QB to a VERY team-friendly contract

Dalton's guaranteed $3M is between AJ McCarron & Chad Henne guaranteed contracts (Practical Guarantees)

IF he earns the full $7M for the year, it'd put him between Mitchell Trubisky & Daniel Jones for the year.(Average Salary)

If we're talking total contract value, he's between Drew Lock & Jeff Driskel.

It's backup QB money for a better-than-average backup QB.

He may actually be the best backup QB in the NFL. I know lot of people are down on him after last year, but he played for a terrible team with a bad oline and missing AJ Green. He'll also give the Cowboys some leverage if Dak's situation extends longer where they can feel confident they have a QB that can win some games just by managing the talent around him.

Jerry has a red head QB back in the building!!!