Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The only negative I see with this signing is that even after Dallas signs Dak, when he has a bad game, this site will be barraged with "Dalton should start" posts. Since some are already saying it, we probably won't even have to wait until a bad game. Some will be crying when Dallas signs Prescott to a market-value deal, which is what they will eventually do.

There's only a slim chance that a deal doesn't get done because Dak wants too much. Again, like with Lawrence last year, what's happening right now is just typical for negotiations. Neither side bends until it has to.
Very true. It will happen for sure.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. Nobody wants to pay Dak 35 million....but the Cowboys with the franchise tag are paying Dak 32 million, Rush 2 million and Dalton 3-7 million? Is this right.

Rush won't get the $2 million. No way they keep him for that as a third-stringer.

Also, I think the argument would be that even if Dak gets his $35 million, you still would need to pay $3-$7 million for a quality backup, which is why Dak shouldn't be paid that much.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Killer D’s. Dak, Dalton, DiNucci
3zujh8.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. Nobody wants to pay Dak 35 million....but the Cowboys with the franchise tag are paying Dak 32 million, Rush 2 million and Dalton 3-7 million? Is this right.
Sounds about right.

it will go down once they sign Dak to a long term deal though.

And unless Rush shows a huge jump this year in practice, I doubt that he makes it out of camp.

So it will likely be Dak/Dalton/DiNucci

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rush won't get the $2 million. No way they keep him for that as a third-stringer.

Also, I think the argument would be that even if Dak gets his $35 million, you still would need to pay $3-$7 million for a quality backup, which is why Dak shouldn't be paid that much.
Why am I concerned with backup when my starter isn’t even signed?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
What’s similar? Turnovers sure as hell aren’t.

double the playoff trips? And did he have all the weapons and offensive lines and running backs that Dak has been blessed with? I mean whats wrong with wanting him as a backup over cooper rush and keeping him as insurance?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yeah, there is nothing to not like about this deal.

Backup who could win games for Dallas. Much better than Rush.

Inexpensive contract for the team for an experienced, smart guy.

Covers the team in case Dak’s holdout keeps him out of team workouts.

Chance to get compensatory pick when he leaves next year.

Great move all the way around.

With MM and KM running this kind of high octane offense, there are a lot of QBs who would excel in this opportunity.

I don’t believe for a second that the FO isn’t planning on signing Dak. Dalton is a very solid backup and it’s a one year deal. Clearly a win-win for both parties.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
double the playoff trips? And did he have all the weapons and offensive lines and running backs that Dak has been blessed with? I mean whats wrong with wanting him as a backup over cooper rush and keeping him as insurance?
So he’s better than Romo too huh? He has more trips then him too.