Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

noletime95

Reaction score
Not gonna lie I think that was a great move by the Saints. Winston is not without talent. Put him under the right coach and mentor and you may end up with a QB1.
Winston will start in the NFL again next year. If put in the right situation he may well be a top 10 QB. Call me an FSU homer, and I am. The kids had some issues but he is really talented.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So he’s better than Romo too huh? He has more trips then him too.
Romo is gone and isn't coming back. Again we have people making this about Dak, maybe because they have this unhealthy obsession with him, where they care about him more than they care about the team. That means the team can't get any backup who they view could be a possible threat to him or the money they feel he deserves to get. >.>

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I would have been happy if we had signed Winston as a backup, but going to New Orleans was a better move for him considering Brees' age.

Here's a look at his vs. Dalton's career numbers:

Dalton is a career 62 percent passer with 204 TDs, 118 interceptions and an 87.5 rating.

Winston is a career 61 percent passer with 121 TDs, 88 interceptions and an 86.9 rating.

My assumption is Winston has untapped potential, and being 26 yo is a lot of why I favor him. Im happy with Dalton. He may not make Dak better, but I like the idea of not resting on our laurels and maintaining status quo. This should push Dak to be better.

CWR

Reaction score
Winston will start in the NFL again next year. If put in the right situation he may well be a top 10 QB. Call me an FSU homer, and I am. The kids had some issues but he is really talented.

He needs the right leadership, teammates and mentors, but if he gets his head right the talent is there. Just leaving Tampa may be what he needed.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Reasonable according to whom? You have a link to the contract that’s been offered?
The actual contract isn't out there but the amounts have been leaked by someone from the cowboys org and Dak side hasn't denied the numbers. Again, some of you are fine with 40 mil and still think that Dak is Elite instead of just Good.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The actual contract isn't out there but the amounts have been leaked by someone from the cowboys org and Dak side hasn't denied the numbers. Again, some of you are fine with 40 mil and still think that Dak is Elite instead of just Good.
Daks side has denied he’s asking for 40 million.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Bengals screwed Dalton by releasing him so late when everyone knew they were taking Burrow. He gets to make easy money for one year and then can test the market in 2021. Bye bye Cooper Rush, Garrett might be already on the phone with him to get him to NY. DiNucci will be on the practice squad this season and then we'll see if he can be the full-time backup next year.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score

Lol, no way does this NOT have anything to do with Dak and his holdout.

This may be a signal that for once the Boys will hold strong and not cave in to a player’s demands like they always seem to do before. The history of Jerry caving in is what made Dak and his agent go this route. Maybe with a QB better than Rush waiting in the wings will get Dak to relent just a little more than he had planned to before. Then we can all get over all this drama and focus on the future.