Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

phildadon86

Reaction score
Underrated and not nearly as bad as people think..

He did well in Cincy and got Dak Prescott like results in a environment not nearly as optimal as Dak’s..
Lol. Wow. The lengths you people will go too. Not one playoff win. Ever. And he’s had some great teams. Stop the nonsense

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Andy Dalton and Kellen Moore had some pretty hard fought battles in college.
I'm sure that Moore knows what his potential is and will make him better.
I think Dak's agent is reeling right now. Any leverage he might have thought he had just disappeared.
Dalton is better than Dak, more seasoned, and accustomed to working with a whole lot less than what he will have in Dallas.
Dak had better sign his tender while it's still available. His bluff just got called.

I think Dak’s agent has proven to be a tough negotiator. I don’t think this move changes anything in regards to their approach. I think they play this one of two ways:

1. Just not worried about a washed up backup QB on the roster. Glad to have some vet depth behind Dak.

Or

2. You just insulted your franchise QB... pay us what we want or we are out like Kirk Cousins. If you make us play under the tag, we will NEVER sign a long term deal with you because you have poisoned the well.

leeblair

Reaction score
I think Dak’s agent has proven to be a tough negotiator. I don’t think this move changes anything in regards to their approach. I think they play this one of two ways:

1. Just not worried about a washed up backup QB on the roster. Glad to have some vet depth behind Dak.

Or

2. You just insulted your franchise QB... pay us what we want or we are out like Kirk Cousins. If you make us play under the tag, we will NEVER sign a long term deal with you because you have poisoned the well.
Make no mistake: Jerry and Stephen just sent a message to Dak and his agent. The Cowboys are preparing to roll without Dak if needed.
I doubt that negotiations will be pursued much after this point.

leeblair

Reaction score
This is fantastic news!! You just cant let one mediocre player try and hold your team hostage.
This is an understatement. Daks stats don't tell the real story. We've all seen the real story. He simply does not show up when the pressure is high.
He's great when he has the momentum and the team is overpowering their opponents, but he is the first to choke when the pressure gets tough.

CWR

Reaction score
I love this move. While I am a Dak fan, (and I think he has upside) I think he is being overly greedy at this time. The signing of Dalton not only give us backup insurance in case of an injury to Dak, it really lowers the short term leverage Dak would have if he elects to hold out.

Love this signing. We can make the playoffs with Dalton and maybe even make a run if Dalton gets some good MM coaching AND some pro bowl line protection this year.

It would be great to see Dalton full in for Dak, set the world on fire in the time he is there and us net a 3rd round comp pick for him when he leaves nest year.

Dalton is a guy who has not ever had a good team around him. This signing has SIGNIFICANT UPSIDE. Low risk too.

Exactly how I feel. As a fan base we've endured Zekes Cabo crap, Dlaw delaying surgery and now we are looking at our franchise QB who is fresh off telling us he doesn't deserve Russell Wilson money. Many of Daks fans know he is not a perfect QB, but we hang on to his over all level of play and a trajectory we hope lands him amongst the leagues elite. We have seen enough flashes to be encouraged, but have also witnessed enough valleys to know he has simply got to become more consistent to justify the kind of money he wants.

Dak is a good, and promising young qb who appears to be over reaching on this contract. If his value was sky rocketing in the beginning of last season, then it should have been plummeting to end the season as he was not a part of the solution. We needed more from the team and Dak. If the reported offers, which I haven't seen Daks team refute are indeed true then Dak's demands are not reasonable.

Just because Im a Dak fan doesn't blind me to the fact he is working with a very strong offense. Its unfortunate we dont know how much JG hurt or helped his play. We know Dalton is capable and are not wrong to think he could play at a high level when we swap out his consistently weak oline, lack of a run game, one wr, always hurt TE offense with the stallions we have lining up. So for ONCE we are in a position to not cave to a players every demand. Dak can now choose to press his luck or accept what appears to be a very reasonable contract. My concerns about a hold out, or a failure to learn the new offense are now gone.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. As a fan base we've endured Zekes Cabo crap, Dlaw delaying surgery and now we are looking at our franchise QB who is fresh off telling us he doesn't deserve Russell Wilson money. Many of Daks fans know he is not a perfect QB, but we hang on to his over all level of play and a trajectory we hope lands him amongst the leagues elite. We have seen enough flashes to be encouraged, but have also witnessed enough valleys to know he has simply got to become more consistent to justify the kind of money he wants.

Dak is a good, and promising young qb who appears to be over reaching on this contract. If his value was sky rocketing in the beginning of last season, then it should have been plummeting to end the season as he was not a part of the solution. We needed more from the team and Dak. If the reported offers, which I haven't seen Daks team refute are indeed true then Dak's demands are not reasonable.

Just because Im a Dak fan doesn't blind me to the fact he is working with a very strong offense. Its unfortunate we dont know how much JG hurt or helped his play. We know Dalton is capable and are not wrong to think he could play at a high level when we swap out his consistently weak oline, lack of a run game, one wr, always hurt TE offense with the stallions we have lining up. So for ONCE we are in a position to not cave to a players every demand. Dak can now choose to press his luck or accept what appears to be a very reasonable contract. My concerns about a hold out, or a failure to learn the new offense are now gone.
Well said!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Laugh now and trust me its all downhill for you and the rest of the Dak-employees here as soon you will be out of a job and really nothing to do here.
Might as well follow Dak to his new team as he will be another Winston sitting on the bench.
If Dak were gone you would be the one with nothing to do here since you have no abilty to post on any other topic. You really can’t even post rationally on Dak, you just think you can so you try.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is an understatement. Daks stats don't tell the real story. We've all seen the real story. He simply does not show up when the pressure is high.
He's great when he has the momentum and the team is overpowering their opponents, but he is the first to choke when the pressure gets tough.
Lol I think your the one choking. Dak has proven time and time again he’s clutch. What are you on about?