Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Garrett Gilbert / Browns PS

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wagons West!

I first read that as Gilbert Brown...

Gilbert Brown was the ultimate fat guy DT. He was impossible to move. He couldn't move much himself but vs power run block he could shut down the inside run game almost single handedly.

NFL.com says 6-2 340 but that was probably his pre-draft weight when he worked hard to get his weight down.

Shane612

Reaction score
latest

Gilbert? This is the only Gilbert that comes to mind.
You're a nerd.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Actually had interest in him after watching him in the AFL...I think he is a solid backup at this point. Name other available QBs that are better.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Great pedigree! His dad is Gale Gilbert......player for 5 consecutive Super Bowl teams. And they all lost.

I think you're mistaken. He started with the sea hawks -1985-1987 no trips to the Super Bowl, then the Bills from 1989-1993 and they went to 2 while he was there and his final team was the chargers from 1994-1995 and no Super Bowls there. So he was a backup QB on a team when they went to 2 Super Bowls.

csirl

Reaction score
Wikipedia says this guy was signed to compete with Dalton for the starting job :lmao::lmao::lmao:

This guy is at best an arm for practice. Dont get the signing - no real upside.

Cebrin

Reaction score
The guy has been around
St. Louis Rams (2014)*
New England Patriots (2014–2015)*
Detroit Lions (2015)*
Oakland Raiders (2015–2016)*
Carolina Panthers (2017–2018)
Orlando Apollos (2019)
Cleveland Browns (2019– 2020)
Dallas Cowboys (2020–present)
They should probably test him for more than Covid, then. :eek:

Jfconrow

Reaction score
He was really good at UT with no effort so I think it went to his head and maybe he didn’t study the game. Transferred to smu, but I think there was a shoulder surgery. He was ok, but didn’t light it up at smu, some of that might be the transfer and some smu not being good.

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
I think you're mistaken. He started with the sea hawks -1985-1987 no trips to the Super Bowl, then the Bills from 1989-1993 and they went to 2 while he was there and his final team was the chargers from 1994-1995 and no Super Bowls there. So he was a backup QB on a team when they went to 2 Super Bowls.

Might be. Got the information from Wiki......

"Gale Reed Gilbert (born December 20, 1961) is a former American football quarterback who played eight seasons in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, and the San Diego Chargers. Gilbert is the only player in NFL history to be on five consecutive Super Bowl teams, none of which won."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gale_Gilbert

Appears they grabbed it from here: (word for word)

Gale Reed Gilbert (born December 20, 1961) is a former American football quarterback who played eight seasons in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, and the San Diego Chargers. Gilbert is the only player in NFL history to be on five consecutive Super Bowl teams, none of which won.

https://americanfootballdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/Gale_Gilbert

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Might be. Got the information from Wiki......

"Gale Reed Gilbert (born December 20, 1961) is a former American football quarterback who played eight seasons in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, and the San Diego Chargers. Gilbert is the only player in NFL history to be on five consecutive Super Bowl teams, none of which won."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gale_Gilbert

Appears they grabbed it from here: (word for word)

Gale Reed Gilbert (born December 20, 1961) is a former American football quarterback who played eight seasons in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, and the San Diego Chargers. Gilbert is the only player in NFL history to be on five consecutive Super Bowl teams, none of which won.

https://americanfootballdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/Gale_Gilbert

Actually I am wrong and it was my bad. He was on all four of the bills teams and after that the chargers lost to the 49ers.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Gilbert Brown was the ultimate fat guy DT. He was impossible to move. He couldn't move much himself but vs power run block he could shut down the inside run game almost single handedly.

*Almost

aug-1996-dallas-cowboys-ol-larry-allen-blocks-green-bay-packers-picture-id110314748