Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Luke McCown

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Matthew Stafford in 2014 had the 2nd best defense in the league.....and he did absolutely nothing with it. Also had the best receiver in the league. Once again, i'm not comparing Kap to these guys or saying which is better than who. I'm not starting a franchise with any of these quarterbacks. But you can't say "Oh Kap doesn't get a shot because he hasn't developed" when there are other qb's in this league who haven't developed. You can make as many excuses in the book you want. Some are valid. But there's no argument to be made for Kapernick not being on a team. None.
I think you honed in on my "developed" comment. Matt Stafford may not have won in the playoffs, but I don't think anyone disputes that he is more developed than Kap.
And I agree with you that Kap should be on someone's roster. But I also think if Kap were someone like Stafford (since you don't seem to think he has developed) he would be on a roster. I think it's a combination of the protest and where he is in his development. It's the same with Tim Tebow. If Tebow were an ounce better quarterback, he'd be on someone's roster.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you honed in on my "developed" comment. Matt Stafford may not have won in the playoffs, but I don't think anyone disputes that he is more developed than Kap.
And I agree with you that Kap should be on someone's roster. But I also think if Kap were someone like Stafford (since you don't seem to think he has developed) he would be on a roster. I think it's a combination of the protest and where he is in his development. It's the same with Tim Tebow. If Tebow were an ounce better quarterback, he'd be on someone's roster.

All I'm saying is if my starting quarterback was Cody Kessler or Alex Smith or Matthew Stafford or Ryan Tannenhill or Blake Bortles.......I'd be trying to look at other options in the offseason. Those guys wouldn't stop me from looking at other quarterbacks.....

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
"On September 6, 2011, five days before the2011 regular season opener, Jacksonville announced they were cutting Garrard and that McCown would succeed him as starter for the season opener.[6] On September 18, 2011, McCown was benched after posting the lowest passer rating (1.8) for a starting quarterback in Jaguars history.[7]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_McCown

GO COWBOYS!:starspin:
And somehow that's better than kaepernick....