Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Luke McCown

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think it is a pretty good signing and, if something happened to one of our other backups, he could easily step in. If one of the backup QBs gets hurt, the Cowboys would have to scramble to find someone. Now, they don't. And as far as 'camp arms' go, he is one of the best available right now. He can learn a lot of the Cowboy system right now. Maybe he gets cut before the season, but if something happens during the season, they can call him in if available and he will have at least some experience with the Cowboys.

What was the name of that Arena League QB the Ravens picked up for a camp arm while Flacco is 'nursing' a back injury? Ryan Mallett has looked awful in camp this year, so far. Flacco can't throw right now and the Ravens are hoping rest will cure his back problem. And the Ravens go out and get a never before heard of Arena League QB. But, Ozzie is a 'real GM,' so, yeah, like, no big deal. The Ravens are the closest team to hitting the Kaepernick panic button right now.

It will be interesting to see where Kaepernick and RG3 land this year. 32 Teams are one injury away from hitting that panic button.

Dre11

Reaction score
Could it be teams believe Kap would be a cancer in the locker room? There has to be more to it since teams aren't making a move for him.
Wasn't a cancer in San Francisco his locker room loved him he even ended up with an award. Stop feeding into the BS that the media want you to feed into.

Dre11

Reaction score
Americans love symbolic rage. That's what I feel about the Kap protest and subsequent "blackballing."
Nevertheless, I agree with Alexander. I hate to say it, but Kap simply had not developed his game. He was still too much of a running quarterback.
When Harbaugh left, there went his chance at developing as a quarterback.
I think he's worth being a backup. But in Dallas? It would be the Tebow effect, and we really don't need that.
Check out his stats last year they weren't too bad

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
If we signed Kaep (obviously we aren't with the recent signing of McCown and Kaep's rumored signing-to-be in Balt), I guarantee you it would be the largest thread, and most bench's handed out, in Zone history.

The mods would have to keep it alive because it is a signing, a rather news-worthy one, so they couldn't/probably wouldn't shut it down, but man, the pages and benchings would be legendary!!

Almost want to see it just for this spectacle :muttley::muttley:

Our poor mods :)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If we signed Kaep (obviously we aren't with the recent signing of McCown and Kaep's rumored signing-to-be in Balt), I guarantee you it would be the largest thread, and most bench's handed out, in Zone history.

The mods would have to keep it alive because it is a signing, a rather news-worthy one, so they couldn't/probably wouldn't shut it down, but man, the pages and benchings would be legendary!!

Almost want to see it just for this spectacle :muttley::muttley:

Our poor mods :)
Just don't think it will happen with the way the Cowboys have been honoring the police. And if you think all this other business has been distracting you wouldn't have seen anything yet. lol

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I think it is a pretty good signing and, if something happened to one of our other backups, he could easily step in. If one of the backup QBs gets hurt, the Cowboys would have to scramble to find someone. Now, they don't. And as far as 'camp arms' go, he is one of the best available right now. He can learn a lot of the Cowboy system right now. Maybe he gets cut before the season, but if something happens during the season, they can call him in if available and he will have at least some experience with the Cowboys.

What was the name of that Arena League QB the Ravens picked up for a camp arm while Flacco is 'nursing' a back injury? Ryan Mallett has looked awful in camp this year, so far. Flacco can't throw right now and the Ravens are hoping rest will cure his back problem. And the Ravens go out and get a never before heard of Arena League QB. But, Ozzie is a 'real GM,' so, yeah, like, no big deal. The Ravens are the closest team to hitting the Kaepernick panic button right now.

It will be interesting to see where Kaepernick and RG3 land this year. 32 Teams are one injury away from hitting that panic button.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ising-up-against-possible-kaepernick-signing/

Numerous articles out about Ravens fans opposing that move. In regards to the cowboys , I think we are set at what we have at about now. Go cowboys!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I like the signing

If he was good enough to backup Brees and Payton was cool with him .......he is OK in my book

Plus KMoore can fit in his backpack

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
All that was missing from this story was the extremely unecessary "BREAKING NEWS" headline scroll ...