Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Luke McCown

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Stafford is in another league? What league is that? Kapernick has been to the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl.....Stafford hasn't even SNIFFED that.
But my point isn't if Kap is better than these guys....you said Kap wasn't being signed because he never developed.....none of those guys have developed either. They do the same thing year in and year out.
What league? The NFL. And Kap went to the NFC Championship and Super Bowl on the strength of his defense and the 49ers running game, which included his feet. It is possible to ride to a Super Bowl with a strong defense and running game.
As for development, Stafford has developed as a quarterback compared to Kap. Bortles is still young, and if he doesn't improve, the Jags will be looking for a new quarterback. And as for Tannehill, he's not as great of a quarterback, but he's still a better passer than Kap. Teams prefer quarterbacks who play from the pocket. Tannehill does that better than Kap even though Kap is more athletic.

I personally think its corny. Its his attempt and saving face after such a idiotic opinion. A opinion that came from.........his arm chair scouting skills. How great he thought Wentz would be his rookie year is about the only thing I find funny.

But I also understand there are users who do find it funny which is why he keeps doing it so fair enough.
To each his own.

bigbob

Reaction score
If people do not want him to start I get it. Otoh, there is no football justification to not bringing him in as a backup quarterback.

He is not turnover prone, has arm talent, throws with accuracy, and has running talent.

He needs talent around him to have top level success but there are not 50 more talented and skilled quarterbacks in the league.
The owners won't hire player's they don't like.
His protest wasn't smart and there are
other reasons they might not like or want him.
I don't like him so don't want him here.

waving monkey

Reaction score
This might not be a popular opinion but I think Kaepernick would be an excellent backup for Dak. His athleticism is similar. He's a seasoned veteran with Super Bowl experience. He can step in if Dak misses a game. No doubt he could help us win. If I'm not mistaken, he said he is willing to play backup and he won't kneel any more. He would be a nice fit here. What do you guys think? Please no politics -- I don't want to cause controversy -- I just want honest takes on who would be a good backup signing. If not Kaep, give me your suggestions. I'm not sure Kellen Moore is the answer.
It's not a popular idea based on false notions of patriotism. IMHO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What league? The NFL. And Kap went to the NFC Championship and Super Bowl on the strength of his defense and the 49ers running game, which included his feet. It is possible to ride to a Super Bowl with a strong defense and running game.
As for development, Stafford has developed as a quarterback compared to Kap. Bortles is still young, and if he doesn't improve, the Jags will be looking for a new quarterback. And as for Tannehill, he's not as great of a quarterback, but he's still a better passer than Kap. Teams prefer quarterbacks who play from the pocket. Tannehill does that better than Kap even though Kap is more athletic.

To each his own.

Matthew Stafford in 2014 had the 2nd best defense in the league.....and he did absolutely nothing with it. Also had the best receiver in the league. Once again, i'm not comparing Kap to these guys or saying which is better than who. I'm not starting a franchise with any of these quarterbacks. But you can't say "Oh Kap doesn't get a shot because he hasn't developed" when there are other qb's in this league who haven't developed. You can make as many excuses in the book you want. Some are valid. But there's no argument to be made for Kapernick not being on a team. None.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Could it be teams believe Kap would be a cancer in the locker room? There has to be more to it since teams aren't making a move for him.
Or it could be that he just isn't good. Teams has caught up to Kap. Out here, they we're saying he doesn't read defenses that well, doesn't go thru his progression especially when his first option is not there, not accurate with the ball, and has long wind up throwing motion. These were the criticism that sports radio, analysts, and people around the league were saying about him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or it could be that he just isn't good. Teams has caught up to Kap. Out here, they we're saying he doesn't read defenses that well, doesn't go thru his progression especially when his first option is not there, not accurate with the ball, and has long wind up throwing motion. These were the criticism that sports radio, analysts, and people around the league were saying about him.

For someone who can't read defenses or isn't good....he sure managed to put up 16 TD's to 4 interceptions.......and did it with the worst supporting cast in the league.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This might not be a popular opinion but I think Kaepernick would be an excellent backup for Dak. His athleticism is similar. He's a seasoned veteran with Super Bowl experience. He can step in if Dak misses a game. No doubt he could help us win. If I'm not mistaken, he said he is willing to play backup and he won't kneel any more. He would be a nice fit here. What do you guys think? Please no politics -- I don't want to cause controversy -- I just want honest takes on who would be a good backup signing. If not Kaep, give me your suggestions. I'm not sure Kellen Moore is the answer.
Besides any other stuff, Kaep most likely costs more than they want to spend for a backup behind a very young and healthy starter. And that if hed even be happy being a backup.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I still find it funny, especially how angry users get because they either don't get his humor or tire of his humor and lash out at him.
It took me about 10 months and it wasn't a eureka moment,more like a fungus, he kinda grew to my 'like' side( and I'm pretty sure he broke the EE eye witness account of Zeke just standing there, not knocking anybody out,,,that made him buddy's for life with me)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

People say all sorts of nonsense. On the other hand Kaepernick had a QB rating around 85. Not Great by any means but you aren't going to find much better in a backup quarterback anywhere in the league.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Americans love symbolic rage. That's what I feel about the Kap protest and subsequent "blackballing."
Nevertheless, I agree with Alexander. I hate to say it, but Kap simply had not developed his game. He was still too much of a running quarterback.
When Harbaugh left, there went his chance at developing as a quarterback.
I think he's worth being a backup. But in Dallas? It would be the Tebow effect, and we really don't need that.

He probably is okay for a backup where he could run some of the read option concepts. But the circus environment in Dallas, no way. The universe would explode if he were signed.

Pants

Reaction score
Son of a horse hockey....now I have to adjust my fantasy football lists.....OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

bigbob

Reaction score
He's actually been with the Titans for a couple of years now.
Tanney is the third string quarterback always watching I always liked Tani he is better than the #2 forget his name.
I would like to see him start some games.