Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Darian Thompson

speedkilz88

Reaction score
10/03/18 - S Darian Thompson was signed by the Cardinals to their practice squad Tuesday (Oct. 2). He had been waived from reserve/injured with an injury settlement by the Giants Sept. 7. Thompson (6-2, 211) played in 18 games (17 starts) the past two seasons with the New York Giants and collected 82 tackles (67 solo), six passes defensed and one interception. Last season, he started all 16 games at safety for the Giants and finished third on the team with 75 tackles. The 25-year old Thompson entered the league with New York as a third-round selection (71st overall) in the 2016 NFL Draft out of Boise State.

09/08/18 - S Darian Thompson was waived from reserve/injured with an injury settlement by the Giants Friday (Sept. 7).

09/05/18 - S Darian Thompson was placed on reserve/injured by the Giants Sunday (Sept. 2) after clearing waivers one day after being waived/injured.

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=96406&draftyear=2016&genpos=fs

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
meh...we are in eternal bargain bin HELL. We are swimming in salary cap space...yet Stevie won't loosen the purse strings for just 1 ****** stud player. I get trying to be frugal..hey that's a good business model,UNLESS the team sucks offensively, THEN you have a back up plan ready...which apparently he don't. POOR PLANNING. Did he actually think Jeff Heath was the answer? lol...Now Woods I like..dude is a player. He will be good. Heath is a rotational guy...a dime player. This is the result of ignoring a glaring need for over 15 years,thinking you can get by.

Let's save the money for next year's coach :)

Mr_437

Reaction score
This guy was definitely a pet cat of mine, and I was pretty upset that the giants got him. Obviously some of the shine has worn off, but he was a ball hawk in college.
Darian is about to be coached by Richard, and play with several Boise alums...if he cant get back to his old ball hawking ways idk what would work for the young man.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
No, they passed on the ET trade because the asking price was too steep.
We made a good offer to Seattle, in the end they were going to trade ET to K.C. for less then our offer, I guess they didn't want to be seen as giving into the player

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bargain bin is all that is available 5 games into the season - there are no stud players sitting at home right now. For this time of year Thompson actually seems like a decent addition. He started 16 games for the Giants last year, he was a 2017 3rd round draft pick, and he had 19 INTs in college. Not saying he going to be a big upgrade to the position, but he seems to have a chance to be a quality addition for depth and special teams, and if he ends up doing more that will be gravy.
I get that..point is, why did the brass allow this to get this far along before looking for help? That's on them. We should have went out and got a damned safety in free agency or the draft. WHY? Ask yourselves why we chose not to? I will tell ya...its because Booger thinks he is Bill Polian and Gil Brandt rolled into one! That's how he views himself. This complacent crap he gets from Diddy Jerrah. Its gotta be a oil tycoon thing lol...This is what happens when oil babies if you will get the keys to an NFL franchise and get complacent. The wheels start to fall off the wagon. Right now all 4 wheels are ready to wobble off the hub! POOR MANAGEMENT of resources got us to this point. An unwillingness to do the right thing.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I get that..point is, why did the brass allow this to get this far along before looking for help? That's on them. We should have went out and got a damned safety in free agency or the draft. WHY? Ask yourselves why we chose not to? I will tell ya...its because Booger thinks he is Bill Polian and Gil Brandt rolled into one! That's how he views himself. This complacent crap he gets from Diddy Jerrah. Its gotta be a oil tycoon thing lol...This is what happens when oil babies if you will get the keys to an NFL franchise and get complacent. The wheels start to fall off the wagon. Right now all 4 wheels are ready to wobble off the hub! POOR MANAGEMENT of resources got us to this point. An unwillingness to do the right thing.
They like their guys...