Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Darian Thompson

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yep. Now all we need is a QB, a beast of a nose tackle, Sean Lee to stop getting hurt, and a #1 WR. Oh, don't forget a new HC and OC and most importantly, a GM who isn't named Jones.
they can get that all done by 5PM Frisco Standard Time...

jrumann59

Reaction score
So, they added 2 defensive players today. Good to know they are addressing the most serious problems, as the offense is humming along nicely.
They were brought in to compete for that #1 receiver spot that our QB does not need...

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
I thought we were on the verge of trading for Earl T*****????? Ah hell, never mind.

John813

Reaction score
think we moved in front of the Jaguars in terms of talent on defense now.

:D

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
we been doing the whole musical chair thing at safety for over 15 years..lol..revolving door. WILL THIS BUNCH EVER GET IT? MY GAWD...its on wash rense repeat for 15 years..its astonishing.
I understand it’s been a rough 20 years or so but why let it turn you into a bitter ole man?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So, were 5 games in, passed on the Et trade cuz, well we really didn't need another safety, but now decided that we do and the best of the best is gone with a season ending injury IE ET, whats next....ya'll reckon Jones will come to grips about us needing a real HC and OC? Can we get both off someones PS? heheh

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, were 5 games in, passed on the Et trade cuz, well we really didn't need another safety, but now decided that we do and the best of the best is gone with a season ending injury IE ET, whats next....ya'll reckon Jones will come to grips about us needing a real HC and OC? Can we get both off someones PS? heheh

No, they passed on the ET trade because the asking price was too steep.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
No, they passed on the ET trade because the asking price was too steep.
No duh omer... I was making light of it dude... come on omer your usually much quicker to the punch then this...:thumbup:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No duh omer... I was making light of it dude... come on omer your usually much quicker to the punch then this...:thumbup:

It's hard to tell in print sometimes, and there are posters that seriously make claims like this, and even some that are completely absurd. Tone of voice doesn't always translate well in print.

Rayman70

Reaction score
meh...we are in eternal bargain bin HELL. We are swimming in salary cap space...yet Stevie won't loosen the purse strings for just 1 ****** stud player. I get trying to be frugal..hey that's a good business model,UNLESS the team sucks offensively, THEN you have a back up plan ready...which apparently he don't. POOR PLANNING. Did he actually think Jeff Heath was the answer? lol...Now Woods I like..dude is a player. He will be good. Heath is a rotational guy...a dime player. This is the result of ignoring a glaring need for over 15 years,thinking you can get by.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nice.

Wait till all the good safeties are gone then sign whoever is left.

Solid General Managing.
yup...Booger outfoxed them again...he waited in the weeds and got his man!...Darian Thompson. High fives for everyone. :facepalm:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
meh...we are in eternal bargain bin HELL. We are swimming in salary cap space...yet Stevie won't loosen the purse strings for just 1 ****** stud player. I get trying to be frugal..hey that's a good business model,UNLESS the team sucks offensively, THEN you have a back up plan ready...which apparently he don't. POOR PLANNING. Did he actually think Jeff Heath was the answer? lol...Now Woods I like..dude is a player. He will be good. Heath is a rotational guy...a dime player. This is the result of ignoring a glaring need for over 15 years,thinking you can get by.

Bargain bin is all that is available 5 games into the season - there are no stud players sitting at home right now. For this time of year Thompson actually seems like a decent addition. He started 16 games for the Giants last year, he was a 2017 3rd round draft pick, and he had 19 INTs in college. Not saying he going to be a big upgrade to the position, but he seems to have a chance to be a quality addition for depth and special teams, and if he ends up doing more that will be gravy.