Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign S Keanu Neal

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
J Smith has over pursued and been awful at times, but basically the terrible DT play hasn't protected the LB's from the OL blockers. And, he makes lots of tackles, but it seems they're always 5-10 yards off the LoS. Maybe not really his fault???

RamziD

Reaction score
Spread offenses has changed that, most of the time there are only two LBs out there and that's if one of them isn't a safety.
I don’t know if he’s counting 3-4 LBs or not. Either way, the point stands that Jaylon plays a lot of snaps for LB and any way we can limit his snaps to just situational ones the better off we’ll be.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
You want some physicality? Here's our bum QB leading his receiver into the kill shot courtesy of Neal this year.

40 million a year.

That was his only open receiver that had a chance for a first down and the RE was about to get him for a sack. If you blame anyone blame Kellen for not having any receiver deeper to clear that safety out.

ondaedg

Reaction score
J Smith has over pursued and been awful at times, but basically the terrible DT play hasn't protected the LB's from the OL blockers. And, he makes lots of tackles, but it seems they're always 5-10 yards off the LoS. Maybe not really his fault???

1. Sits 6 yards off the LOS.
  2. A tick slower than other LBers to read the play.
  3. Will at times chase the wrong ball carrier.
  4. Struggles to plant and change direction.
  5. Cannot or will not stack and shed.
  6. Stays upright and often times back pedaling when taking on blockers.
  7. Easily blocked with a push by OL, FB or TE at times.

Nope it’s clearly his fault.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think if we move Jaylon back inside and LVE back outside and stop making them overthink stuff they both will be a lot better this year. Nolan tried to do too much in an aborted offseason. It was stupid.. I don't know how McCarthy could have been smart enough to know he couldn't completely overhaul the offense but then to sign off on completely overhauling the defense. The defense was at least average in 2019. Nolan dropped it to putrid.. These guys did not forget how to play football in one year. I think they'll be fine in the Quinn system because it's similar to the Rod system.

Agreed. Jaylon was at his best when he was on the inside spot at LB. LVE is better on the outside where he has less chance of getting hurt. Sean Lee's career was extended by putting him in that spot. Rod did well with putting the players where they needed to be. I just hope Quinn values big 1TDTs and is more aggressive than Rod. If he is, then I think he'll be the perfect DC for this team.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The real question isn't, "What position will he play, SS or LB?". The real question is, "What number will he wear?". No way he gets #22.

Yeah....I always think of the important things.
* That's pretty funny:lmao:

But, regardless of a players jersey #,,, for me?,,, I just gotta witness a players single effortted haymaker on display to associate him to that issued laundry,,, for example : a year or so back #73 J.Loony hustled it full tilt boogie speed ahead of Zeke down the right sideline & splattered them 2 Detroit defenders in opposite directions at the goal ,,, indelible mental gold right there:starspin:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nevertheless, Jerry was reportedly enamored by the name Keanu.
Tha is Jerry's football logic, me lads, tha with a name like tha he must be a good player! Hooray!
Luckily, the brainiacs in his circle decided a one year deal was enough. Hooray, again, rowdy ruffians!
Onward, to continued mediocrity!
Jerry just realizing that it wasnt Keanu Reeves . :banghead:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You want some physicality? Here's our bum QB leading his receiver into the kill shot courtesy of Neal this year.

40 million a year.

That's part of a WRs job description. Kudos to Noah Brown for taking such a hard hit and still be able to hold on to the football. After watching the replay, Noah Brown looked to be the only receiver open early, which the play looked to be called to go to him since Noah was clearly expecting the quick slant pass, so you might want to hold off on the bum QB comments.

tm1119

Reaction score
I'm intrigued at what the nickel D would look like considering that is more or less base D now...

Are we really going to have $12M LB in Jaylon on the sidelines for 60+% of plays? Because, no Jerry isn't going to cut him yet

Is Neal going to be on the field only in base D (25% of snaps) and then just be a backup LB/SS? In which case $5M seems a bit expensive considering what our FO is willing to spend in free agency.

Or did we just spend $5M to replace Wilson?

Unless Quinn plans to Utilize a 3-3-5? Use Jaylon as a blitzer with only 3 down lineman? This option actually kind of intrigues me the most...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry had already gotten those Matrix T-shirts ready for production. LOL, Jerry you old coot.
Breaking out his entire Keanu library of CDs , like that old gangster surfer flick where Keanu was under cover...lol

Chuck 54

Reaction score

40 million a year.

Well, at least you’re still getting likes from those who aren’t tired of the Hate Dak Shtick.